Farm Frenzy again (Sequel)

Hey everyone! Remember Farm Frenzy?! :) So, I ended the story about a year ago. I had no intention of ever starting it again, but I was re-reading it a while ago and I really missed it. Then I brainstormed on some ideas and voila! Farm Frenzy take two. Now, I really don't have TOO many ideas on how this story should go. So, help me out! If you have any ideas let me know :) Thank you guys! Please enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Spencer

Labor sucks. It really does. It's a lot of hard work, and the reward, or the prize if you will, is getting to take home a beautiful baby. But in my case, I pushed a 7 pound baby out of me and handed him over to a family I met only a few months ago. Sure I got to hold him, as did Toby and Aria and Ezra, but soon he was flown over to his new house in Kansas with Daniel and his wife Kim. And when they walked out the door, all I wanted was for him to be in my arms instead of theirs.

Now, the table has turned. There is a one year old sleeping boy in my arms, and all I want is for him to be with his parents. Toby and I stare at each other. He holds a diaper bag on his shoulder as we stand in the hospital lobby. Toby slowly turns his head to look at the baby. "We…are so… screwed."
Don't get me wrong, I love baby Ben. I love him SO much. I've spent time with him this year, but not enough. I'd usually be grateful to have him in my arms. But this was not a good situation.
"This is terrible, Spencer. Our babies adoptive parents fly all the way here so we can spend Ben's first birthday with him, and the next day they're nearly dead in a Rosewood hospital."
"Should we just go home?" I ask, bouncing a little to keep Ben asleep.
"I guess, we can't just sit here all night. I mean… Should we? Is that what we need to do? I don't know, I'm so confused. I wish someone would answer their phone."
"I know. I've called Aria, Ezra, Melissa, George, Aunt Betty… Nada."
"Well, it's 3 am. I wouldn't either. Let me try my dad." Toby pulls his phone from his back pocket, presses a few buttons and waits. I don't know why we feel the need to stand here in the middle of the room rather than sit down, yet we do.
"Dad? Oh hi, I'm so glad you answered. No... Not really. Daniel and Kim were at the hotel… in the middle of the night, Daniel got really sick. Kim rushed him to the hospital, missed a red light and crashed into someone else's car….. No, Ben's okay. The front was the only impacted… They're both in pretty bad shape… No, neither of them have woken up… Kim was in surgery until a bit ago… We saw them but they're not going to be waking up tonight, I don't think….I know…..What do we do? They didn't answer…He's with us…..Okay. Alright, bye."
"What'd he say?"
"He says we should bring the baby home and sleep for a few hours and come back later. Morning is only three hours away, nothing will change here."
"Which home?"
Toby sighs. "Melissa will have diapers and food and all that stuff for you to borrow. This diaper bag will run out soon. And the police won't turn over their room key to us. Take him there, I guess… And I'll just.. I don't know. I'll just stay here."
Now I sigh too. "Toby… It's fine. You can come to Mel's house. She won't mind."
"I know she won't." Toby runs his hand through his hair. I stare at his hand once he drops it back by its side. His left hand is naked and it has yet to get used to it. I look at my own hand now, across Bens back and wish there was still a ring on my own hand too.
"I don't mind, Toby."
He grumbles a little. "I know you don't."
"Oh…"
He nods slightly. He can't stand being in the same house with me for even a few hours. "Do whatever you want." I say finally. "I'm taking him home." I take the diaper bag from Toby and find my way over to the car seat. Ben's car seat was recovered from the car and given to us when they gave us custody of Ben until his parents were fit to make a more permanent decision. We are, after all, the god parents. I don't know why or how they came to that choice last year when he was born, but they did. And if something happens to his adoptive parents, Toby and I are his parents again.
"Spence," Toby picks up the car seat before I can. "Let me get it."
I look at him for a second, before I can even stop myself from looking in his eyes. He hasn't called me that in months. "Thank you."
He nods, his way of saying you're welcome, and we walk silently out to my car. He helps me get the seat into the back seat.
"I guess I'll just go grab my car and meet you at Mel's okay?"
"Yeah, I'll make you a bed on the couch in the family room. I'll sleep in the office on the futon. We can put Ben in the playpen with me."
Toby reaches out and puts his finger into Bens small hand. "Do you mind if I stay with him tonight instead?"
I look over at his tiny sleeping face. "I guess that'd be fine."
He nods and walks away.
Man, you'd think a peace offering of allowing my son to stay with him would be enough to warrant a thank you. I guess not.

******
I'm fairly used to going into Melissa's room while she's asleep. I used to do it as a kid all the time. But I don't think I'll ever be able to do it again, knowing she's in there tangled up in Wren. I feel like I should just wait till morning to tell her what happened. But I don't want her to wake up, see Toby on the coach and freak out. Maybe I can wake Mckayla, Melissa's daughter, and she'll wake Mel up by crying in the baby monitor. Is that really selfish of me? I don't know, babies go back to sleep easily.
"Spencer?" Melissa has a sixth sense apparently, because me simply hanging out in the hall has woken her up. "What're you doing here?"
"Hey… Melissa. Something happened tonight. Something pretty bad…"

------------------------------------------------

I hope this wasn't terrible! Oh, and Spoby fans, hang on ;)
If you read, please review so I know if I actually have any readers left haha! Thank you guys.