Just a Call (Larry Stylinson)

“Mum! For the last time, I’m okay!” Harry pulled away from his mother, who was attempting to lick her thumb and wipe something off of his face.

                “Oh, can you just let a woman love her son for a little while? It’s your first day of college!” She leaned back against the car, and crossed her arms over her chest. Harry noted that she seemed a lot more excited than he was.

                “That just means that you should stop treating me like I’m five!” Harry wiped the saliva from off of his face, where his mother had rubbed her thumb.

                Harry opened the back of the car, and took out his only suitcase. He didn’t plan to bring along any personal items, because he knew that this place wasn’t going to be homey. He just planned to graduate, and then leave. He didn’t want to get attached to a school.

                “Well, I’m going to miss you.” Harry’s mom got tears in her eyes as she looked over to her son.

                “I’m going to miss you too, Mum.” He pulled her in for a hug, her hair tickling his chin

                “I guess it’s time for me to go now. Don’t want to be seen with your mom, right?” She wiped her tears and smiled sadly at Harry.

                “I don’t really mind, but I guess it is time for me to go. I love you, mum.” Harry said, looking at her with the most genuine smile he could muster.

                “I love you too. Are you sure you’ll be okay?” She placed her hand on his arm, trying to be sympathetic.

                “I’m fine! Now go, you don’t want to be home late!” Harry ushered her into the car, and closed the door for her. She clicked her seatbelt, and leaned out the window to peck Harry quickly on the cheek.

                “Bye Harry. Text me whenever, I’m always open!” She wiggled her cell phone in the air a little, shrugging her shoulders with a sheepish smile.

                “I will. Get home safe, okay?” He smiled at her.

                “Okay. Bye honey.” She had tears rolling down her cheeks, but the smile remained plastered on her face.

                “Bye, mum.” The car began rolling away, and Harry patted the side of it twice, before picking up his lone suitcase and turning back.

                Harry watched the car roll away smoothly, leaving the parking lot and speeding up. He only turned to look away once the small silver car had rounded a corner.

                He turned around to face the new school that he would be attending. He frowned, noticing the large size. He didn’t really feel comfortable in large places, and crowds made him anxious.

                Harry walked forward, his suitcase accidentally hitting a few people as he made his way along the path. He uttered a “Sorry!” or two as he made his way forward, making sure to be more careful.

                After what seemed like a marathon’s distance from the parking lot, Harry found himself in front of a large building. From what he had gathered from various maps and such, this was where he would be living for the time being.

                Harry faced the front of the building for a few moments, just looking at it. He noted that it was rather small compared to the rest of the buildings surrounding it, and this comforted harry immensely.