51. My Boyfriend.

AMELIA’S POV

       Zach was off of me in a second and extended his hand for me to get up from the floor.  I grabbed it and got up easily before facing my uncle.  His eyes were narrowed in on our connected hands.  I released the hold immediately. 

       “Now, start talking.”  My uncle demanded.

        “Can we go to my room, please?”  I asked him.  Because I seriously don’t want to cry in front of Zach and Nick and I know my tear tank will burst the second I start explaining this to my uncle and when he would eventually call my father.

        I gulped around the lump in my throat when I thought about how my father would react to this.  I just about want to throw myself over the railing of the building.

       “Fine.”  He said and followed me to my room.

         The minute we were inside I saw Jordan’s dresses strewn across a chair.  Ugh, not the right time Jo.

        “Woah, is he sleeping in here with you?”  He shouted and started moving back to the door.

       My eyes widened when I realize he might have mistaken the clothes for Zach’s.

        “No, No, it is Jordan’s.  He is the one I am sharing bed with.”  I yelled before he can move the door handle by the look of it, he would have removed the door from its hinges.

        He turned to look at me like trying to guess if I am lying and he looked over at the clothes again, it was kind of flashy yet subtle like Jordan and nothing like the sophisticated dresses Zach wears, satisfied that it was indeed Jordan’s, he turned his full attention to me.

       I gulped.

       “Do you know how much your father trusted me with this apartment arrangements and that too knowing there will be two guys here living with you.”  My uncle boomed at me and I sighed.  I hate that I just all about betrayed my father’s trust on me.  He continued on without realizing the inner turmoil I am going through.

       “Why would you do this to yourself and that old man out there.  He trusted you to be good on your own but you had to go and demolish it yourself.  Do you know how much of burden he is carrying to leave you alone here without any assistance and here you are enjoying your valuable time by being a reckless teenager.”  He grounded out. 

        Tears were slipping out of my eyes and I was close to sobbing before I slinked down on the bed.  I hate that he has to use my dad every time he scolds me.  I already feel like a bullet is lodged in my chest and every time I think about dad’s reaction to this news, it all about pierced my heart.  I want to…. Do something to myself.  I feel so fallen over the edge.

       “Talk to me, Amelia, if I didn’t suggest to Mia this apartment idea would you have slept with someone else other than Zach.  I thought Nick would be the one who would do this if possible and I thought you would not encourage him but Zach…”  He said his name with such disgust.  

        I cried harder and snaped at him.  “We slept together after a few days of me arriving here in Philly.”  My tears and snot flowed free so I grabbed the tissue box near my bedside table and cleaned my face with couple of tissues before facing off to my Uncle, who was wide eyed.

      I had enough.

       It is not like me to not respect my elders but he didn’t even ask why I did something I would never do.  My eyes stinged a little even after I resolved and calmed myself.  I knew how vulnerable I felt.