Chapter 9

If He alone is strong, why are the angels the helper?

Allah is the only ruler, He is powerful and He is able to make the impossible possible. Now you might wonder, if He is strong, then why did He create the angel? Cant He do it all by Himself?

Imagine it like this, there is a king who rules a country. The king rules right? Everything that he says comes true because of his decisions and commands. But also the king has servants, who for example go somewhere to mange his work or to shop something for him or to cook for him or to clean his house. This doesn’t mean that the king is not strong to do things by himself.
The king could do of course all of this by himself, but he is the King so these kind of actions are for the servants and also to show how strong he is. The servants cant resist and do what the king says. 

The same is with the angels, they don’t have a free will like us humans. If God tells them to do this or that, they do it, without resisting or thinking about it twice. They worship and praise Gods Throne. Just like the example I gave. 

They glorify ˹Him˺ day and night, never wavering. (21:20 Quran)

*They meaning: the angels

One of Allahs name is Al-malik (wich means The-King), compared to the kings on earth, Allah is different. You might think, well what if He is a bad king? Well, no.

He is a great ruler, all knowing, He knows things that you don’t. And if He created emotions in good humans and even animals like love or empathy, how could He be a bad king? How could someone who knows your heart better then your mother and is the most Merciful, and is blessing you with things that you need each day (health, wealth,etc) be a bad person? What about the hardhip you say? If you are being testet in school and that’s acceptable according to the system, then why isn’t it acceptable to be tested in life? And guess what, your reward won't be just a grade or a piece of paper!

Your reward will be paradise which He promised for you, if you have patience during hardship and trust Him! God is the most Honoured, so He would never break His promise!

If you need Him in difficult situations you say, oh Lord help me. Who else do you call? Your mum? Or your dad? Your family wont be able to be with you always, your family wont be able to know your secret problems!

Your family cant help you in some situations! So you call out god, but when He helps you to get out of the situation you forget His help. You just froget Him. Saying I handled this by myself! NO, you called out to Him and He helped you! How can you tell Him than, that He isn’t merciful? You are the one who is ungrateful.

Whenever they go on board a ship they call on God, and dedicate their faith to Him alone, but once He has delivered them safely back to land, see how they ascribe partners to Him! (Sūrat al-‘Ankabūt 29:65; Abdel Haleem, The Qur’an, 404)

Just like people need a ruler or a president in their country, the earth and the universe needs a king too. Someone who rules, and takes care of all things. He doesn’t need us, but we need Him.

O humanity! It is you who stand in need of Allah, but Allah ˹alone˺ is the Self-Sufficient, Praiseworthy.
(Quran 35:15)