Prologue.

Writer's POV

"Mom, could you tell dad to please stop crying?! It's our graduation party not funerals!" Aaliyah whines.

^^ Aaliyah Otiento-Miller (21)

Aaliyah and her adopted older brother Donovan have just graduated from university and they are in the the thick of a graduation party being held my all of their parents with their siblings.

Violet and Orion Miller.
They have Aaliyah, Donovan and Tobias.

Trinity and Josiah Chu.
They have Aaliyah, Zion and Amelia (the twins.)

Both Violet and Trinity turn at the sound of Aaliyah calling for 'mom'.

The situation is resolved quickly though, when they notice Aaliyah staring at her biological father, Orion, who is emotional about his first daughter and his oldest son graduating.

"Baby, pull yourself together. You're embarrassing our kid" Violet giggles.

Orion sniffs.

"I'm not crying, I have severe allergies" Orion lies.

"Dad, you've been crying since the ceremony." Donovan teases.

^^ Donovan Miller

^^ Donovan Miller. (21 *3 months older*)

"Is your daughter a valedictorian?!" He asks making eye contact with his first son.

"Dad, do I have a daughter?" He asks Orion, with a smug grin.

"Exactly. So, hold your lips" Orion argues, making Donovan burst out laughing at the phrase he had so often heard their grandmother say to Orion a million times.

Orion chuckles with his son, hugging him for the fifth time that day.

"I'm so proud of both of you" he says, pulling Aaliyah into the hug, making people around them coo and aw.

"My son is going to get into architectural engineering and my daughter is gonna be a whole lawyer. God has blessed me" he says.

They look at Violet, who is standing with the youngest but tallest Miller.