ONE

chapter one
say dazzleberry!

MADISON ROONEY BURST INTO HER LIVING ROOM WITH STRESS EVIDENT ON HER FACE

MADISON ROONEY BURST INTO HER LIVING ROOM WITH STRESS EVIDENT ON HER FACE. she was the one who took charge in directing this whole scene.

but all she saw was a disaster.

pete was standing on the children's old footstool, trying to get the perfect angle of the welcome home banner, to satisfy his teenage daughter.

his lovely wife karen, was making sure the balloons tied around the bannister were knotted tightly enough.

their youngest daughter gabriella, who would never let anyone call her by her full name, was preparing a beautiful charcuterie board of cheese and crackers in the kitchen. accompanied by a side platter of dip.

a very special dip that was a rooney family favorite. gabriella was the only one that knew how to perfect it, and although she loved her family, would never share her secret for her signature artichoke dip.

she gathered up all her muscle and carried her charcuterie board along with the dip platter, out of the kitchen and into the living room. she rested it on the coffee table, after wobbling the weight on her arms.

her job was done, and she had nothing else to do.

however, she knew if her older sister, maddie, had caught her being unproductive, she would surely ream her for it right there in the family room.

with that in mind, gabriella decided to rearrange her mother's book shelf. she was well aware doing this was contributing nothing whatsoever, however it was better than appearing like she was lounging on the couch doing nothing.

something her two brothers were currently doing.

one might wonder, why this family seems under so much stress to be dressing up their family room?

well this wasn't just any other day in the rooney household.

this day marked a very special one.

the day their eldest daughter, was to come home.

liv rooney left her wisconsin home 4 1/2 years ago, to pursue her dream of being a hollywood actress.

given the fact that it was maddie's twin sister who was returning, she wanted to make sure everything was spotless.

"no, dad i- okay, it needs to go up."

pete rooney moved the corner of the welcome banner up an inch, according to his daughters command.

"more... more.. down a tiny bit... perfect!"

pete finally was allowed to step down from the stool and relax a little bit.

"twin sister officially welcomed. bam! what!?"

**laughing**

however, maddie, did not.