|*| the ball |*|

" Child! Child, wake up!" shakes a maid, furiously trying to wake me up.

I squint open my eyes, slightly.

" Finally, child.. I'm Marie. I will be helping you get in your dress." barked Marie. " Now, up up!"

I've always wondered why my parents never bothered to get us house elves. We just had maids and house workers, all squibs or wizards of course.

Marie went outside and grabbed a big, silky dress. t was the color lilac purple, my favorite color.  It was very gorgeous, and big. I saw her bring some diamond shoes, and a few accessories. I also saw 

" Now sit! Let's get you ready!" exclaimed Marie!

I sat down at the vanity and crossed my leg. I saw Marie through the mirror swish and flick her wand and my hair magically went into a long, silky hair do, making my hair wavy and curly.

I smiled at the sight then the chair flipped around so I was facing Marie. 

" Now for the makeup!" she clapped excitedly.

She waved her wand gently and pointed at my face. I felt my face get heavy, but not to heavy. I fanned my face and sighed. 

" Up up! Now for the dress! You have to wear a tight corset! " she exclaims, waving at me rapidly.

I stand up and walk over to where the dress was. I took of my shirt and shorts and Marie carefully slip the bodice into me.

" Ok take a deep breath dear.  One, two, three... PULL" she said, pulling at the corset.

I groaned quietly and held my head.

" Good girl." she said, rubbing my back. " One more time."

She pulled the corset tightly making my stomach squish in.

" Now let's put on the dress, dear." she said, calmly, as she went over to the dress.  She grabbed the dress carefully and slipped it over my head carefully, trying not to ruin my hair.

" You look stunning, dear " said my mother, walking into the room. She was wearing a beautiful dress, with velvet red shoes and a sparkling diamond necklace and a red velvet mask.

I smiled back at her grabbed my mask. I gently placed it on my eyes. I went over to the mirror and saw myself. I liked the way the dress hugged my curves and the  mask caressed my face.

" How does the mask look?" I asked, straightening it.

" It complements your eyes" said my mother, grinning." Now come along! The party has started already! Your father is already there!"

......................................................................................................................................

My mother knocked on the door slightly. A few seconds late, a woman in a red  ball gown opened the door.

" Elizabeth?!" the woman exclaimed happily. " It's been so long!"

" Marissa! You look divine! " said my mother, raping her old friend in a embrace. 

" Aubrey! You look wonderful! The twins are inside with some of your old mates!" says Marissa

" I'll make sure to look for them Mrs. Travers" I responded, feeling the curve of my lips smile slightly.

" Come, come! It can't be a welcome home party with out its guest off honor!" exclaimed Mrs. Travers . " William is already with Richard!"

I stepped inside the grand house. I almost forgot how big it was, even though most of my summers where spent with Lilianne, one of the Travers twins.

I looked around, and smiled.

" Aubrey, the kids are upstairs in the loft. Upstairs, to your r- you know the way, dear" said Mrs. Travers cooly.

I made my way up the big stair case and turned right into the door.

" Hello? " I said. " Anybody here?"

" Hello?" said the voice of a girl. She stepped out of where she was, wearing an enormous ball gown colored blue and a with mask. " Aubrey?!"

" Hi Lil!" I exclaimed and rushed towards her, giving her a hug.

" You look so pretttyyyyy! " she squealed. " Everyone has been waiting on you, except for Pansy  of course"

" Aubrey?" said a familiar voice of a boy.

" Blaise! " I exclaimed and ran into his arms. He was sooo much taller than I remembered. He looked down at me with a smile pinned on his face.

" Hey little bird" he chuckled softly.

" Blaise? Who is there?" asked a cool, silvery voice. 

A tall boy stepped out, his platinum blonde hair trimmed nicely and his gray eyes shinning. The white mask on his face was dangling from one ear.

" Who is this?" says Draco Malfoy, walking towards me slowly. " I'm Malfoy." 

I put my hand on my heart sarcastically, and giggle, " How rude, Draco!  I see you still have a short memory span." 

I walk in circles around him as he looks me up and down. Was Draco Malfoy checking me out?

" Perv, same as always. Ohh, and I see the lip bitting never stopped." I said cockly at him, taking if my mask.

" Aubrey!?" he gasped, rubbing his eyes slightly.

" The one and only Draco " I said, feeling me lips curve up.

......................................................................................................................................

   I really loved this chapter, reading wise as well as writing wise and I hope you did to. I'm going to start writing the next chapter.