Info

After the decision had been made, we all headed home. Usually we would've stayed longer but Katie's mom had already grounded her for sneaking out a few days ago, so we couldn't take any chances.

Finally making it back to my house after the 10 minute trek I'd just made from Fort of the Idiots, I crept over my windowsill and landed in a heap on my bedroom floor.

Groaning quietly, I brushed off some dust and quickly got changed and into my bed in lightning speed.

Just as I'm about to pass out, my eyes scroll over to my alarm clock.

3:47am

I would have sighed but I'm too tired to do anything other than let my mind fall into oblivion.

*************************************

"Tory get up! You're going to be late!"

I groan and roll over.

Suddenly there's a pulling sensation on my blankets and I grip the material like its my lifeline. Unfortunately, in my weak, morning state, I just end up giving up and bury my face in my pillow instead.

"I will never understand teenage boys," my mother dearest mutters to my left, "I mean for heavens sake, you went to bed at eight o'clock!"

I feel a twinge of guilt at her last comment but it brings me back to reality. In mom's eyes I just got like 9 hours' sleep so I've got to act like it.

I grumble a good morning and she takes that as her cue to leave, having accomplished her mission of disturbing my beautiful sleep.

Not really paying attention as I throw clothes over my boxers, I text Jake telling him to meet me at the Cove when we get to the living hell that is high school.

Once he agrees, I stumble downstairs and into the kitchen groaning. I then proceed to steal my dad's cup of coffee off of the counter as he's distracted with my mother who's fussing over something or another.

Chugging the last few mouthfuls of the magical stay-awake juice, I place the mug back on the counter quietly and call a quick goodbye as I'm walking out the front door.

No need to stick around.

I wait at the bus stop with only the friggin wind chill to keep me company. All the cars that speed by me are mocking as I wait for the god damn missing bus of the century.

When I finally board the bus and make it to school, there's a bunch of people waiting out front for the bell to ring, as usual. I slide past them and make my way behind the school to where there is an indent in the school wall, large enough for two people to stand in easily. Design mistake I suppose.

Jake's waiting for me there, "Hey!" He calls as soon as I'm in view, "You heard right?"

I narrow my eyes at him and his incredible stupidity, "No, idiot. I just god damn got here how am I supposed to know what you're talking about?!"

He just rolls his brown eyes and huffs out a breath. If he expects me to beg him for his information, he is going to be disappointed.

When he looks at me, my arms crossed and an eyebrow raised, he knows what I'm thinking.

He smiles a slow smirk his eyes positively glittering in mischief, "It has to do with Erica James..." He sing songs, his grin widening when my eyes get a little wider.

I swallow and shoot him Jake a quick glare before taking a deep breath and force out what he's been waiting for, "Please tell me, please, please, please!!! I promise I will owe you one."

He just smirks, "Owe me two."

"We'll see, depending on how much the info's worth."

He just shakes his head, chuckling but nods in the end. I make a quick hand motion, trying to egg him on to tell me what he's talking about.
I would do anything to learn things about the love of my life.

I mean, she is the love of my life; I may not hers yet- yet. Someday though, I'm sure.

Jake mumbles a bunch of nonsense until I'm about to punch him before states clearly, "Erica's got a new boyfriend. And he goes to the school."

My jaw drops. She never dates guys from our school. More than that, I'll have to watch them be all lovey dovey all freaking day long.

"Who is he?" I ground out.

Jake just smirks knowingly, "New kid. Had Katie get all the details and send 'em to me." He waves a phone with a bunch of information in front of my face, "Owe me another one and you'll get the info."

I just roll my eyes, "I can just get Katie to send me the same thing."

"Ahh, but are you prepared to wait until you she gets home to have all of this guy's stuff?" Jake snickers, still waving the phone in front of me.

I sigh and glare at him before I bow my head in defeat, "I'll owe you another one."

He throws me the phone before pumping his fist in the air, "YES! That's three I.O.Us today! I'm adding those as soon as we get back to the Chart!"

I'm too busy scrolling through the new kids info to respond so we just start walking towards the front entrance of school.

Today's the scope day.
Tonight's the plan.
Come tomorrow, come chaos.