return?

2 years later

Jordan's P.O.V

I slip into my gray swim trunks and toss a towel over my shoulder, excited for the pool party at Cassidy's house. I grab my keys and head out the front door, locking it behind me.

I jump into the black lamborghini I got for my 16th birthday from my parents. To think I just turned 16 two weeks ago. June 1st, hell yea! I remember someone from when I was little and their birthday was a couple days after mine, but I can't quite remember who it was. The memory's a little hazy. It was a girl, I think. She had blonde... No. Long, brown hair, and gorgeous green eyes. Wow, her eyes were amazing. Who was she?

I don't have time to worry about it. She's back in Florida anyway, why bother with it?

I start the ignition and I'm on the road in seconds. Cassidy's house is only about 10 minutes away, I have plenty of time.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

I pull into Cassidy's driveway and some fat idiot walks right into my car and throws up on the trunk before I can even step out.

I jump out of the car screaming. "Hey asshole, do you know how much this thing costs? Why don't you get out of here before I clean up the puke with your shirt!" He stares at me and I can tell he's crossed the line of being drunk. He's far past it, but still he hobbles along and falls out a few feet away in the grass. Disgusting.

I leave the vomit on my car for now. That guy's cleaning it off later, I don't care what he has to say about it.

Trying not to think much of it, I walk up the asphalt to the gate and push it open, hearing it creak loudly behind me. Stepping into the backyard, my eyes immediately see girls and guys all around in bikinis and swim trunks. The bikinis are more eye catching though. Another thing that catches my eye is all the beer. That's all I see besides girls. There's beer, Jell-O shots, MangoRita's, even bottles of champagne. Its pretty hilarious that there's champagne at a pool party with teenagers.

I look around and see Cassidy approaching, so I sit in a pool chair and lay out, completely comfortable. Cassidy looks at me as if asking permission to sit beside me. I nod. She smiles and lays beside me on the opposite chair. Cassidy is pretty. Not the best thing here, but she's okay. She has shoulder length curly red hair, dull blue eyes that never have that sparkle that the brown haired, green eyed girl back home had. She's short, almost too short and she's so skinny, you can see her ribs even with her laying down. It's unattractive to me.

"So Jordan, I'm glad you could make it," She says flirtily. "Congrats on getting quarterback for next year." She rubs my arm when she says this and I move away slightly.

I mutter a "thanks" and snatch a beer from the Yeti cooler beside me. Cassidy is suddenly beside me with a bottle opener, practically shoving it at me. I take it and pop the top off, taking a long sip from the bottle. I feel Cassidy's eyes on me as I drink, making me really uncomfortable. I remove the bottle from my lips and set it on the table beside me.

She leans towards me and tries to grab my left hand, but I stand up before she can and stalk towards the pool. I dip my foot in and shiver. Ignoring the cold water, I dive into the pool to escape Cassidy.

When my skin hits the water, i open my eyes and see a girl with long brown hair that's flowing and tumbling down in waves behind her. She's swimming in front of me, turned to the side so I can see her whole body. She's skinny, not Cassidy skinny though. Her legs are long and golden tan, swiftly moving through the water after her. She slows and stops in front of me, a little closer than she'd been only seconds before. Her eyes are closed. Her hair is beside her and in front of her and above her, it's everywhere. I lean to touch her and when my hand skids across her arm, her eyes bolt open. I gasp and bubbles fill my vision.

Desperately needing air, I swim to the top as fast as possible and take in gulps of air. The world seems to be in fast forward. Everyone is walking so fast, it feels like. I can't grasp the real world because of the girl that may or may not have just been swimming beneath me. Who is she? I mean, was she even there? I don't know, I don't even care. All I want to do is fall out on a chair and drink. That's exactly what I intend to do. I jump out of the pool, lay in my chair, and help myself to another beer, praying Cassidy isn't near.

Before I even finish my drink, here comes Cassidy prancing towards me, looking the same as 5 minutes ago, only her swimsuit is sluttier now. She now has on a green polka dot string bikini and thong string bikini bottoms that match. She switches her butt, obviously to make the boys look, but no one seems very interested even though it's her party. She switches her tiny self over towards me and sits on my legs. She begins drawing circles with her index finger on my abs.

"Hey Cassidy?" I begin. She looks up, hope gleaming in her round blue eyes. "Could you stop being a whore for a minute and get off of me."

Narrowing her eyes in anger, she stands up and stomps off. Like I care.

I stand up and scan the pool for any gems sitting around waiting for a guy like me to come along and pick them up. I don't see anything the first time, but the second time my eyes land on a petite blonde girl standing next to a hideous brunette. I've personally always been a fan of brunettes, but when I see a pretty blonde, there's no way I'm leaving her.

I immediately make my way to her, smirking all the way. I walk until I reach her and stand a couple inches taller than her. She looks at me innocently with her big brown eyes.

"Hey, I'm Jordan. What's your name?" I say confidently, spitting out the words that come to mind.

A slow smile spreads across her face. "Mckenzie. Mckenzie Garret."

I take her hand and lead her to my chair, sitting down and fitting her tiny body comfortably into my lap. I try to make some small talk. "Where are you from Katie?"

"Uh.. It's Kenzie. I'm from Florida originally." She says sounding rather bored and annoyed now that I forgot her name.

"Really? So am I. I knew a girl there once. But her name wasn't Karrie like yours. I can't remember hers. She was prettier than you. Wayyyyyy prettier." I say, dragging the 'y'.

I open my mouth to say something else until I feel a sharp sting on the right side of my face. Karrie slapped me.

"My name's Kenzie you bitch!" She shrieks before running away, causing a few people to turn and look. I gently lift my hand to my cheek, a string of cuss words flying quietly from my mouth.

'What the hell!' I think to myself as I pull a towel from the towel rack and wrap it around myself. 'What did I say wrong?'

Cassidy snakes her way over to me for the third time today even though I made it clear I want nothing to do with her. "What are you doing? Jordan, you're not leaving are you?" She frowns at me as I grab my car keys. She's obviously forgiven me for calling her a whore.

"Yea." I say, cutting the conversation short. She doesn't say anything, realizing I don't want to be here anymore. That girl slapping me just really pissed me off. Maybe I can go home and try to trace the girl I keep thinking about.

Cassidy steps away, finally, leaving me to walk out the gate and to my car. I hit the road with the puke still on my car, baked and hardened by the sun. I get to my house within 10 minutes.

Jumping out of my car, I lock it behind me and throw open the brown front door. I sloth my way inside and up the steps.

The splash of blue paint in my room is fresh and makes me even more curious about tracing this girl. Her favorite color was blue. I need to find out who she is.

I sit in my computer chair and press the ON button, causing a flash of green to appear on the screen. It clicks on making a beeping noise and I log into Instagram.

I don't just want to find her anymore. I have to, I need to. What happened at the pool shocked me.

The girl at the pool's eyes were bright green.