The reality of the vivid mind

Sorry I haven't been updating lately, I haven't been inspired lately.
__________________________

We live in a world of modern color, vibrant voices and boisterous characters, all making a colorful, colorful world.

Though my eyes have become obsolete, my vision is limited to black and white.

We live a world of many wonders, yet I wasn't pleased. I lived in agony. Misery. I was blind to the wonders around me.

My mind went numb. I felt none of the beauties around us, the fresh gust of spring air, the first flakes of snow, the mystery of the stars above.

I found myself in a translucent prison.

A desolate wasteland. Vacant.

But it was just my translucent cage. Beyond its borders was the prosperous world my eyes refused to see. Though, as I stand in my translucent prison, I am in a true hell. It is not a fiery inferno, I was not greeted my sins lingering in the past, nor the devil himself, in his fiery extravagance. It was the lack of fire that made my translucent prison such a hell. I woke up, every day, to the world of wonders I would never love. I looked through my eyes of obsolete nature, and my stubborn nature, the real captor of my freedom, refused to release the shackles I am restrained with to see the world and all of its wonders.

So, I remained in my wasteland, vacant of life, as I witnessed the joys I would never know, I rotted. From the lack of warmth and passion inside of me, I had nothing to move me.

I rotted in my shackles, and my prison. I have been left with the time to rekindle the small flame I once had, but, as my hand dances across this page, composing this piece,

I laugh.

The irony

Sorry, this is not my best work. I need time. I'll do better. Thank you so much for reading, feel free to critique!