Chapter 1 ~ Caitlyn

Chapter 1 ~ Caitlyn

I could not wait any longer for this day to come. I think I have been waiting practically since I was born. Well actually not really. I doubt I even knew who Bradley Jacobs was while I was in my mother’s stomach. I mean even then I did have a love for music. My mom used to tell me that when I was in her stomach she would put headphones on her stomach and play The Beatles and Rolling Stones.

Yup. She was that type of mother. Not the ones that put Beethoven on or Mozart because they are afraid if they don’t get their kids cultured early on, they will never experience later on in life. Please. My mom brought me up listening to all types of bands and letting me watch all types of movies, (except for the ones rated R, she wasn’t all crazy). But today, today I was going to see yes, Bradley Jacobs, the most amazing, gorgeous singer playing in his first motion picture. And I was going to see it opening night with, unfortunately Justin.

Now don’t get me wrong, I love Justin, you know as a friend and all. He’s been my best friend since well, forever. I mean that is since the summer before going into first grade, when he moved right next door to me. I could not believe someone was going to be moving next to me that was my age; it was a six-year-old’s dream come true. Back then it was okay for boys and girls to have play dates together and have sleepovers. We didn’t have urges or hormones to get in our way. It was just us having pillow fights and making popcorn with Hershey Kisses, (our own creation, thank you very much). It was just me, Caitlyn Harris and Justin Davis living like the two happiest kids in the world.

It was just that I did the stupidest thing recently. I told him about my mega, I mean mega, crush on Bradley. I mean, I thought him being my best friend and all he would totally understand. I mean he always says how hot Megan Fox is and how the day he meets her, she will fall madly in love with him. Yeah right, half the population, you know the boy population, have the same dream. And every time I’m reading a magazine or we pass a billboard with her or something, he just stands there and looks at her. But not in a “Wow, look at that beautiful thing”, but like he’s trying to study her, like there’s something there besides the dark hair and the perfect features. And sometimes when I don’t feel like slapping him for being all gross, I sometimes stare at her too. Not like the way he is but I stare in what it is that is making him so curious. But then I realized that we must look like two pathetic dweebs who are causing traffic on the sidewalk, and I grab his arm and tell him he better buy me an ice cream cone.

Yep, that was our relationship, but I mean he was adorable and funny and the only one that I could beat at Connect 4. But that was the price I paid for telling him, because he made me take him to the opening premiere so we could watch it together. Just great, I could picture him sitting there next to me with his popcorn and Hershey Kiss concoction and laughing not at the jokes in the movie, not with me, but at me. Why do boys have to always ruin everything?!

But maybe I could sneak away. I mean I told him I would meet him in front of the movie theater to buy tickets. But, if I bought them already then I could sneak in grab a seat and watch the movie all by myself. Yeah that would be great. Being able to watch Bradley Jacobs all by myself. Also even if he would show up it would be dark and you obviously can’t scream in a movie theater, or you would get popcorn thrown at you. We’ve had the experience. So that’s just what I was going to do.

“Hi, one ticket for Dreamer,” I said with the biggest smile I had. The lady at the counter looked at me with a bored expression. I mean I honestly couldn’t blame her. Sitting in a cubicle while the San Diego weather was sunning down on you, it would make a clown depressed.

She looked at her computer and typed something in it.

“For what showing?” she asked again looking bored. That was weird. Why would she ask me what showing? The show for 1:00. I mean it was 12:45 now. Why would I come buy a ticket for a later show?