A New Era

She jumped up and smashed the guitar! At first, it looked as though everyone got their music back before a large rainbow swirl flew back at Poppy. The impact made you fall, and you fell on top of the blue troll. When you opened your eyes, you couldn't see any color. Everyone was...grey...Poppy looked back at the fading strings and you gasped. Branch got up and Poppy ran to him. "Branch!"

"Y/N!" Trollex floated up to you and you hugged him tightly. "Hey, hun.." You spoke softly and he sighed. You could hear Barb saying something.."No.....my strings.......what have you done? You've destroyed music! GIVE IT UP EVERYBODY! Thanks to the Queen of Pop, we've all lost our music! History repeats itself. Pop has ruined everything." Everyone stayed silent and Trollex looked down sadly.

Out of the corner of your eye, you could see what looked like pink. It was that straight-haired funk troll. His heart was beating pink? He grabbed a microphone and held it to his heart. It started making a catchy beat. After a few moments, his brother started beat-boxing. "Those are my sons," Queen Essence spoke up, "making music.." Then, Delta Dawn started clapping and knocking her hooves, adding to the beat. She turned to her Country Trolls and they all started clapping and stomping. Slowly, the rest of the trolls' hearts started reflecting the color of their previous string and they all added something to the music.

"Queen Barb cant take away something that is inside us." Queen Essence said. "Cause that's where music really comes from." "It started with the strings. But now it comes from us." King Quincy remarked. The Techno Trolls added a beautiful glitchy melody that made Trollex smile widely. "Yea!" He said, "It comes from our experiences!" "Our lives!" Delta added. "Our culture." Queen Essence finished.

"Beautiful! HA!" Trollzart complimented. "Listen to that," Poppy exclaimed, "Barb cant take that away." Everyone looked around, including Barb, until Poppy started singing. Eventually, everyone started getting their color back.

(And yes, I'm doing the whole song except the beginning because I think that part is BORING)

"You think you've gotta hide it! Don't keep it on the shelf! Let your waist start moving, watch the way I do it, do it! See me do it like nobody else!" You and Trollex danced around and sang together with everyone. *Queen Essence* "If we sing it all together" "If we sing it all as one" "It's louder than yourself!" "All together everyone!" *Queen Essence and Prince D*"Everybody's looking/Sing it loud now! Watch the way we do it/Hold up, watch at how I do it!" *Group*"Cause we do it like nobody else!" *Trollex and You*"Let me hear you sing, don't you stop it, don't you fight it! Let me hear you sing! If you got it can't deny it!" *Group*"Let me hear you! It's waiting for you, already you know, that you do it like nobody else!" "JUST SING! Sing it together! Louder than ever, ever! Forget everything, just sing, like it's what we've been missing! And they're gonna listen, listen!" *Tiny Diamond and Guy Diamond*"Cmon daddy, SING!" "Let me hear you!" *Delta Dawn*"Hey, I've been right here where you're standing!" *Branch*"I've been standing on the ground!" *Delta Dawn*"And the walls are caving in!" *Prince D*"All the walls are falling!" *Delta Dawn*"When my lips start moving with the soul I put into it! And you never heard it done like this!" *yodelers* *Kpop Gang* "Lldeum tabwa meomchujina, nolaebulleojwo!" *Reggaeton Trolls* "'si lo tienes, no lo niegues! Te quiero oir cantar!" *Group*"It's waiting for you! Already, you know! That you do it like nobody else! Just sing! Sing it together! Louder than ever, ever! Forget everything, just sing!" *Trollzart* "Play play! Beautiful!" *Group* "And they're gonna listen, listen! Forget everything, let me hear you sing!" *Tiny Diamond* I said a-one, two, three, and four. Let's go everybody get on the floor!" *Queen Essence* "Oh, let me hear you sing, yeah." *trolls* "Let me hear you sing" *Prince D* "I want you to sing from your soul, I want you to reach with your elbow!" *King Quincy* "Let me hear you" *Tiny Diamond* "Can't hear you way in the back!" *group* "All right, all right, all right! Let me hear you sing! It's waiting for you! Already, you  know, that you do it like nobody else!" *Barb* "Just sing! Sing it together! Louder than ever, ever! Forget everything, just sing!" *Group* "Like it's what we've been missing! And they're gonna listen, listen!" *Barb* "And Rock!!" *Poppy* "Forget everything, just sing!" *Group* "Sing it together, sing it together, louder than ever, ever! Forget everything, just sing! Like it's what we've been missing, and they're gonna listen, listen! Forget everything!" *Poppy* "Just sing!"

By the end of the song, Poppy had a rainbow in her hair, and Barb's mohawk was larger, with black and rainbow stripes. Everyone started talking about the recent events and you looked up at Trollex happily. He smiled back down at you and brought you into a kiss. Many trolls cheered, mostly Techno, and Pop Trolls came up onto the stage to ask you questions. "Are you Y/N L/N?" "How did you survive?" "Were you raised here?" You laughed as Trollex asked them all to move away.

"Claustrophobia." He said. You looked over and saw Barb and Poppy flirting and giggling with each other. You walked over to her and smiled a bit. "Ooo, yeah, I'm just gonna go.." She waved to Barb who looked at the floor. You started the apology. "I'm sorry Barb, I NEVER meant to catch feelings for Trollex, they just....BOOM." "N/N, don't apologize. I need to..I called you a whore and a traitor and I said you weren't my sister. I was terrible and a bitch and I hate myself and-" You stopped Barb and hugged her. She hugged you back and tears started streaming down her face. "It's okay, Barb."

She smiled and walked off. Trollex floated back up to you. "I know this is random, but I became male from a fruit I ate. They're quite rare and they'll change you into the gender you want to be. There's another fruit like that, but it changes you into the Troll you are in your soul." You looked up at him in surprise. "So I could really be a Pop Troll? Or Rock? Or Techno??" "I'm not sure. It changes you into the Troll you are in your soul." He shrugged. "But, I for one would be happy if that was Techno."

"I found one!!!!" Trollex yelled. For the past few weeks, you two have been looking for this fruit. It was said to be on the outskirts of Symphonyville, in the mountain range. "Are you sure?!" "Yes, I'm sure." He cheered. "WHOO! Let's get back then!" "They're at Troll Village, right?" "Yep-"

The two of you got into a Flower Balloon and placed the fruit gently into a box. "Let's hurry up, we don't want it to spoil," Trollex said to the Flower Balloon. "You got it!" It replied going faster. You looked off the edge and sighed. You could see Symphonyville from here, and it was almost done being rebuilt.

Trollex came up behind you, grabbed you by the stomach, and kissed your neck slowly. You giggled. "Baby- not here." He whimpered and the kissing turned into biting. "But Y/N...I want you...." "Not here." You whispered, turning around and kissing him softly. "Fineeee, you're no fun." You laughed and looked down again. You were already above the forest. 

"Okay, how did you do that?" You questioned the Flower Balloon suspiciously. "Science." They responded. You rolled your eyes while it landed. You saw Barb and Poppy waiting for you at the landing point. "Guys! Did you find the fruit!" Poppy asked excitedly. "Yes! We did!" You said, grabbing the fruit. "Baby let's go get Branch," Barb whispered to Poppy. She nodded and the four of you went off to look for your brother.

"I'm right here." He said. Trollex glitched out behind you and you jumped. "BRANCH!" You yelled. He laughed, as did Poppy and Barb. "Pranked!" Barb cackled. You groaned and the three led you to Poppy's house.