14: The Escape

Anakin

  We walked towards, honestly I don't know where, in the Monastery. Allana was beside me and Ahsoka was in front of us, guiding the way behind R2.

  R2 arrived at a control panel and started to look for something, whatever it could be that Snips was thinking of.
"If there's a way out of here, Artooie will find it." Ahsoka said.

"Make it quick." I ordered my old metal friend. I heard Lana trying to suppress a groan, the medicine usually takes at least ten minutes to make effect, I looked at her and she looked away, she doesn't like it when she may seem weak to others.

  I turned my gaze back to Ahsoka's back, who was in front of me, spotting the little Hutt with his eyes closed.
"Finally asleep huh?" I said. "Put him down, get some rest yourself." I told her. "It's been a long day for you little one." I said as I grabbed Lana's arm and placed it around my waist because I'm too tall for her to work as a crutch, making her walk beside me again.

"I can hold him Master." Snips commented. "I'm not tired."

"Okay, suit yourself." I said as I sat my girl and myself down, the groan finally escaped her lips. "I just don't see why you won't listen to me."

"I do listen to you Master, to both of you." She commented looking at us both. "I just don't like being treated like a youngling."

"You must have patient kid, we all must." Allana's soft voice spoke to my right. "What are you trying to prove anyway?" She asked.

"That I'm not too young to be your Padawan." She finally said, her vibrant blue eyes looking back into mine, I looked at those hazel eyes that drive me crazy and she smiled softly.

"Ahsoka." I whispered as I stood up. "A very wise Jedi once said, 'Nothing happens by accident'." I explained to the young girl. "It is the will of the Force that you are at my side." I looked at Lans. "At our side."

"We're just trying to keep you there in one piece." Lans spoke again, and I could feel her smile behind me as I turned back around to meet my Padawan's eyes.

  The kid understood and placed the backpack with the baby down and we sat down, it hadn't been more than two minutes when we felt the ground shaking.

"That sounded bad." I commented as R2 beeped, he showed us a hologram of the Monastery, Lans hurried and placed herself to my right once more.

"A backdoor landing platform." Ahsoka said excitedly.

"We'll call for a gunship when we get there." Lana commented.

"Lead the way R2." I asked the droid, but my eyes met a new problem. "Ahsoka wait, where's Stinky?" I asked.

"You told me to put him down!" The apprentice complained.

"Find him!" I ordered.

"I can't believe that thing has a nickname." Lana whispered in a joking way.

  Then, we heard that thing grunting, Ahsoka and I looked under the sofa and saw him crawling to the bottom.
"Come outta there, you grubby little slug." I said as I pulled him out and he started to yell. I placed him back into the backpack and zipped it up to his neck. "Ha." I exclaimed. "Let's see if you get away this time."

"Are you sure you don't want me to carry him little one?" Allana asked the Padawan.

"No Master, I can handle it."

  "Anakin, come in." Rex's voice called our attention.
"Anakin?" Lans asked with a frown.

"We've held the droids sir." He commented as the three of us frowned even more.