X-Kid

I stared at the ceiling. It was covered with those plastic stars, which shined in the darkness. I remember when I got them I tried to glue them in the form of a constellation, but I just made a mess.

I laughed, hitting myself on the forehead. God, how stupid I was.

Dream catcher on the right, the fluffy feathers covered in dust and cobweb. They were supposed to catch bad dreams. A lie and a waste of money.

Forgotten dreams. Wasted wishes. That's what I saw in the desert of my room.

Send a wish upon a star. Send a hope upon a wave. For all the souls you failed to save.

Do you remember the days you couldn't wait to get out of the bed? When reality was sweeter then dreams? Yeah, I do to. Now it's just a distant memory. How pathetic, I can only be happy in memories. But I'm so sad when I think of all the happy moments that will never happen again. I think that Portuguese have a word for it – saudade. It means; to be sad while remembering something happy. It's such a pretty word. Nowadays I need to find a reason to get up. I need to convince myself to stand tall, to pretend for one more day.

 Oh, to be a blind passenger on the train of Life.

Suddenly something buzzed in my pocket. Damn it, I hate when this thing startles me!

MrAnnoyingJerk: Got a mission for you. Be at the Youth center at 12:00am. Don't be late!

A mission? What am I, freaking Tom Cruise? Arrogant jerk. But I wanted to know his name…I tried Facebook – nowhere to be found, asked Mimi – he didn't tell her the name, asked around – nobody knew him. It was like he didn't exist. It's like he was a ghost. What if he was a ghost? What if a ghost saved me from the river? Oh my god, what if he didn't, what if I just imagined that and I'm dead?!

Okay, calm down, that's ridiculous.

I really need to get out of the house. And now I had a reason to get out of the bed. So what am I waiting for?

                                             *                                *                              *

At 11:57am I found myself standing in front of the Youth center door. I've been picking my brain the entire morning, trying to figure out the mission. Hm, the Youth center you say… Maybe he wants to challenge me to a game of ping-pong. Or air hockey. Or snooker. Or-

»Mrs. Suicide.« A velvet-like voice said. I quickly turned around to yell at him about that stupid nickname, but instead I was left speechless.

The guy standing in front of me was…hot. Very hot. Like Jared Leto hot. He even had similar eyes as him, those stunning Egyptian-blue eyes. He was wearing a dark blue hoodie, a few completely raven black locks of hair were escaping his hood and were mischievously kissing his tanned cheeks. The sunburn on his face was already changing colors from burning red to delicious tanned bronze. What a contrast between his dark hair and bright eyes. A person with a weak heart could die from this sight.

»What?« He asked, raising one of his dark eyebrows. What naughty things I could do to you boy…What?! Shut up inner voice!

I closed my mouth which were hanging open. Idiot. »Don't call me-«

»Mrs.Suicide?«

I could swear I felt my left eye twitching in anger. »Yeah, that.« I growled.

»I guess I'm a bit rude.« He scoffed, carelessly.

A bit?

»I'll just call you…grumpy face.« He grinned at his dumb joke.