Ch-79 Escaping Volterra

There are never many incidents that could surprise a vampire who lived for so long compared to a human who lived for twenty years.

This was an exception.

Korashia Khan didn't know what to do, should she be helping the boy she was tied to or the little snitch infront of her?

"What...what are you..." She trailed, her eyebrows knit in confusion, from what she heard, him and Celine's mother Geraltine had vanished after the fight.

Matteo was labeled a traitor by Caius even though Celine was ready to welcome him back with open arms, the only memorable moment with him that she had was just him shielding her from Alec and then removing it.

He now stood infront of her looking close of that to a mad man, his hair was entirely disheveled, his clothes had a couple tears here and there and his eyes looked a bright crimson meaning he had fed just recently.

A mere human seeing him would faint thinking he was an addict or of that sorts but in reality he acted like manchild and even Korashia knew that.

Just throwing a mere glance at Alec, he launched himself at her and grabbed her shoulders.

"We need to leave, now!" He hissed.

Before she could think of it, the doors to the throne room were burst open by Felix and Aro, Caius and Marcus flanked by Jane and Demetri barged into the long corridor.

Everyone, after seeing Alec lying beneath a pile of debris, and then Matteo standing close to Korashia chalked up their own conclusions.

Jane didn't need to go help her brother as he was up and ready in just a matter of seconds beside her glaring down at the shield-breaker and illusionist.

"What were you saying again?" Korashia muttered to Matteo.

"We need to leave. Now." He mouthed the last part, grabbing her arm staring at each every one of the Volturi kings and Guard.

Aro was the one to break the tension by stepping forward, smiling at them, Korashia suppressed the urge to roll her eyes whilst Matteo looked quite disturbed.

"Matteo, what a wonderful surprise!" He exclaimed walking forward but Matteo cast his physical shield infront of him stopping him from a few feet away.

"Well, it was great meeting all of you but..." He chuckled patting the illusionist's shoulders and she shoved him off harshly. "....you see...Korashia will come with me too."

"I'm afraid that is not possible Matteo, Korashia is to be punished and we simply can't let her go." Aro shook his head, sighing dramatically.

"So sorry to burst your bubble, Aro but she still coming with me. Let's go Rashia." He tugged at her sleeve pulling her while she was looking at him murderously.

"Well, I must say...I can't let either of you leave...Matteo, you have broken into our castle, hurt a Guard member and also tried to help someone escape." Aro clapped his hands and glanced at Jane and Alec.

Caius hatred knew no bounds as he stomped forward beside Aro, while Marcus couldn't help but sigh at all the drama, this was probably the only interesting thing that has ever happened in this castle since the Khan coven attacked them.

"Be careful." Aro said to his Guard. "They are quite the feisty pair, do go easy on Korashia, Alec. We don't want her to loathe you more for the rest of eternity."

Everyone could feel the aura of jealousy coming from Alec as he watched Matteo standing so close to what was his, but Korashia could care less of this.