2

What, I gotta yell it in order for you to see it?Got it written on my face, it's pretty easy to read itBut you choose not to, so that's what I'ma have to doMy heart is getting tired; I'm tired of running after youI try to talk, but you just keep i...

Got it written on my face, it's pretty easy to read it
But you choose not to, so that's what I'ma have to do
My heart is getting tired; I'm tired of running after youI try to talk, but you just keep ignoring me
Pretending that you listen—you don't listen; you're destroying me
See, I look up to you, but you keep looking down on me
You never say you love me or you care or that you're proud of me
In other words, you're drowning me
I get on my knees and I pray
Pretty pathetic, but you make it pretty easy to say

INVISIBLE - NF

♠️♠️♠️

E V A N D E R

All day, Althea tried to get me to open up about what happened this morning but I've been avoiding it. I didn't want her to worry; although she was probably already worried. 

"Evander Leos!" I heard her voice come into the kitchen. 

"What do you want for lunch? I was thinking spaghetti but I'm not sure..." I stated, looking into the fridge. 

"Evan," she groaned shutting the fridge, "Stop trying to avoid this; I'm not gonna drop it!" She pushed. 

"There's nothing to avoid, it was just a bad dream okay?" I answered, holding her shoulders. 

She frowned, "That wasn't just a bad dream," she mimicked, "You were shaking and sweating and yelling in your sleep! Will you—" she was interrupted by the doorbell. 

"I'll get it." I stated leaving the room. 

I opened the door and there was a delivery man. 

"Letter for Evander Leos? Sign here please..." the man said, handing me a paper. 

"Thank you, have a nice day!" And he left. 

Althea appeared behind me, "What is it?" She asked. 

I stood there in shock as I looked at the seal on the back. The Pack Seal. How the fuck did they know where we were?!

When I didn't respond, she tapped me, "What's wrong?"

I swallowed, "It's from The Pack. This is the Pack Seal." I stated opening the letter. 

"It's from my father..." 

I opened the letter and began to read. 

♠️

Dear Evader,

It has been a year and the time for you to take my place as Alpha has come upon us. I'm requesting that you please return to the Pack. Our people need you to be there for them and lead them. 

I understand your reservations about taking Rhea's place as Alpha and fearing the Goddess. So I sent a Hunters Team, one last time to find your mother and sister. 

They came back with results this time. I wish I could tell you in person but your mother and sister are dead.  

~

I stopped breathing. For a moment, everything around me was consumed by darkness and all I could hear was my obnoxiously loud heartbeat. 

Dead. 

~

They were killed in a house fire by hunters however a neighbouring pack which had taken them in laid them to rest. 

With this please return home so we can mourn together and finally put our family to rest. 

I hope to see and hear from you soon. 

Kind regards 

Your father, 
Ares Leos

♠️ 

"My mother and sister are dead." I answered folding the letter. 

"What?!" she gasped, taking the letter from me. 

I stood there, not moving, barely breathing. I couldn't believe it. They were really gone. 

All this time, I thought they were out there somewhere only to find they were killed by hunters and are gone. 

"Another pack buried them so at least I know they had Axiótimi Anápafsi" I sighed. 

(Honourable Resting)

My head suddenly began to throb and I fell to the ground in pain. 

"Evan? Are you okay?!" She gasped, kneeling beside me. 

I saw Téfra appearing, standing beside another wolf, only this wolf was brown. I watched in pain as the other wolf laid down before it disappeared. 

(Ashes)

"Rhea..." I whispered, more to myself as the pain subsided. 

"Evan your eyes are glowing..." she stated, holding my face. 

I blinked, "It must be a transfer of Dynámeis tou Álfa. Now I know what happened with my sister, her strength moved onto me..."

(Powers of the Alpha) 

There was a deafening pause. We both knew what was to happen next. 

She sighed, "We have to go back." Speaking what we were both thinking. 

I looked at her dumbfounded, "What?! No way— are you crazy?! What about your father? What if he finds out—"

She stopped me, placing her hand on my shoulder, "Don't be silly. You've finally had answers to what happened to your family. Your father wants you to be there to mourn with him. You need this as much as he does." She sighed as she pulled me in for a hug that I didn't know I needed, "As for my father, if we have to deal with him, which we might not even have to, we can work it out." She smiled pulling away. 

"Althea I—" 

"Hey!" She exclaimed, "Don't think you're off the hook, I still want you to talk to me about that dream, but in your own time." She smiled. 

As I looked into her soft brown eyes, I remembered why I loved her all over again. Standing in front of me was the woman whom I intended on spending the rest of my life with. 

"I love you..."

♠️♠️♠️