Chapter 2

Sixteen years.

Sixteen years of waking up to the sound of guns and explosions.

Sixteen years of getting water splashed on me from over the fence.

Sixteen years of seeing him.

Sixteen years of silence.

Jace Dashwood had always been a mystery to me. As a child my parents would never let me associate with the Dashwood household, because of some secret hatred they had for them. They would tell me to never be alone with him or else people would get the wrong idea about me. They said he could ruin my reputation. And being the child I was, I believed them.

I spent all my time avoiding him. In class if the teacher assigned my seat near his I would beg them to change it. Thinking about it now I was actually very rude to him. In the morning as him and I left our houses to walk to the bus stop I would make sure to walk on the other side of the street. He always noticed but would kindly flash a smile my way. When I would look away I could hear him sigh.

I would always ask my parents what was so bad about the Dashwoods but they'd always brush me off. I didn't understand how one little boy could ruin my future. I mean, Jace had so many friends. He was definitely the most popular kid in our grade school. Every girl (except me) made him valentines day cards and every kid (except me) would invite him to birthday parties. Parties that I was never aloud to attend because he was going....

I didn't mind much though. I was too busy spending my time thinking, which is something I do a lot of. All I do is think, and imagine things that don't exist. things I'm waiting to happen. I know exactly how my future is going to look. At least for right now cause my plan will probably change within the hour.

Its winter break now which means I have two weeks off of school. Just the right amount of time to fully think through the intricate plan of how Dylan Wade is going to ask me to the school dance.

You see, I've had a massive crush on Dylan Wade wine freshmen year which would make it three amazing years of obsessing over him. I'm not even sure he knows my name but we have science together. He's not the brightest boy I know but he's on the school football team. I don't even know him position to be honest but that doesn't matter.

My plan to get him to ask her out is quite simple. It will all take motion in science class period four, the last period of the day. He'll most likely be struggling with bio like he usually is and then I'll swoop in to save him and his failing grade. I'll say something along the lines of " Hey Dylan, do you need help studying for bio!" And he'll look up star struck and flash me his million dollar smile and say " Sage, you're halter 2a total lifesaver." And then I'll say " I can help you after school in the library, if you want."; Que. signature hair flip. And then he'll answer with " alright ill see you then."

I know it's a perfect plan. From there well study in the library once a week but he'll miss me so much that he'll ask to make it twice a week and I'll obviously be okay with that. After a month or so he'll like me so much that'll he'll definitely ask me to the school Valentine's Day dance in February. Simple but affective.

And nothing was going to stop me for reaching my goal

Or so I thought...