XXIX. THREE DAYS UNCONSCIOUS

THREE DAYS UNCONSCIOUS!

DECEMBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

Maxine, Regulus and Bronwyn stood around an unconscious Holland, who was lying on abed in the Hospital Wing, the latter two still in their Quidditch uniform.

"Is she going to be okay?" Bronwyn asked Madam Pomfrey, who was placing medicine on the Slytherin's bedside table.

"Well, she had a nasty fall," Madam Pomfrey stated with a sigh, putting her hands on her hips, "And a lot of rather horrible injuries."

"But you'll be able to heal her, right?" Regulus questioned, worried.

"Of course," Madam Pomfrey scoffed, nodding, "But it will take a while. We'll have to use mix of magic and muggle healing for all of the bones to heal without any repercussions."

Maxine let out a sigh, "Okay." She nodded, before Madam Pomfrey walked away.

Bronwyn stared down at the unconscious older girl, "Why'd she save him?" She asked the question that the entire of Hogwarts were thinking.

The trio turned their heads to look at an unconscious James Potter, lying on the hospital bed across from Holland, surrounded by his friends and the Gryffindor team.

"I dunno," The redhead of the group shrugged, "But I do know that I'm going to kill Jorey the next time I see him."

"You'll have to get in line." A voice said, making the group look at Remus Lupin, who was standing at the end of Holland's bed, hands in his trouser pockets.

Regulus, Bronwyn and Maxine stared at the Gryffindor.

"I, uh, I just wanted to ask if you could say thank you to Holland from James when she wakes up," Remus told them, "For saving his life. From all of us."

Bronwyn gave him a nod, "Sure."

"Thanks." Remus muttered, before glancing at Holland and walking back over to his best friends.

***

"A Christmas Carol," Margaret said, placing the said book on Holland's bedside table, "I love it. And besides, since it's nearly Christmas and all. I thought it would be a good one to add to your collection." She told the unconscious Irish girl with a small smile.