Deal with beasts

The air was left so cold as his presents caused the warmth to retreat from my veins. My bounds became jagged as the forming spikes of frost nipped at my skin. I adapted to the new environment as I focused on steading my breath to keep the overgrown lizard from seeing my fear. His eyes stared at me unamused as restless as a blizzard. "What will it be?" he spoke with such a crackling tone. His breath came out like mist on a foggy day.

"Let him go and I will stay without a fight" I stated with urgency as my friend's arm began to rot, no longer able to fight the cold blanketing his body. Black ash like surface cracking stopped and Edward's muttering started to become ragged breathing as he tried to fight the pain. I could only be relieved to see the lifestyle body was moving again if only in inch movements.

The movement of my uncovering was upon me. I couldn't hide what I was any longer. I only hoped he would still see me as the starving young girl that arrived on his doorstep. His eyes fixed on me in terror while the beast keeps hold of his prey. Finally, the silence was broken by slivering of a tail as the last of the beasts joined their brother in arms. "Prove it!" a demand came as all the beasts nodded in approvement. Before, a response could be given Edward was thrown to me.

His body and the air began to slowly feel warm as the grey beast seemed to calm. I lower Edward to the ground kneeling beside him as the beast's talon slides up my arm. "Why do you fear me?" he questions as his talon lifts from my shoulder. I shrugged his claw away as I tried to focus on the situation at hand. I manage to look him in the eye as I abruptly snapped at the beast as a light came from my hands.

"I said, I will stay. Will you let him go? Yes or no?" My hand shook violently as I barely managed to control the light. The blackened skin was now replaced with new healthy skin. I fell back against the wall panting as I awaited for a swipe of a claw to steal my faith.

Silently the other beasts stood back as the grey one keep leading the way. Every now and then then they would look at one another as if they were in conversation. My vision started to get blurred as I forced myself to stay awake. Edward was pulled from beside me as if a feather instead of a grown young man. "You disappoint us. We will hunt him down." Another one of the beasts spoke for the first time. I could only look up to check he was unharmed. I no longer had the strength to stand.

He beasts held him with no effort to release him. I manage to use the wall behind me to act as an aid. As I shuffled against the rock scraping my back as I tensed to keep my grip. "Let him go... please" I panted as something inside me was trying to take over. My body was having its own will as it disconnected from my mind. A jolt of electricity went through me as the air around me became enraged.

"I know you feel it, your element wants the overwhelmed out." I gasped in my voice that wasn't my own. Blankly, I found myself staring at one of the beasts in particular without reason. All the other beasts looked at the same brother with concern. The bother spoke in the only calm voice of the situation. " Let him go. She is found. She has connected to every whisper." The beasts begin to part as he finishes. "Our ancestors protect her from my reading"

My blood felt as if it was on fire as it surged through my body. A scream escaped my lips as a new pattern started cutting into my flesh from the inside out. "No... please no...n...not now" I muttered through the gripping of my teeth. " GET HIM OUT!" the beast roared becoming panicked for the first time. The beast reached for me but it was too late. I lost my footing losing the strength to hold myself up as I fell over the ledge through the window.

The wind began to create a tunnel of air around me keeping me afloat. My vision was all but gone as I seem the shapes of the beasts on the ground outside the building realizing a frozen in fear Edward. The tunnel slashing sharp tongues of air at anyone that tried to step towards me. Until my vision began to go dark as I descended. The last sight and words to always haunt me. Edward muttering for the first time he looked at me again. "You... y....your a...mo...monster!" he screamed before turning away and running towards the village. finally, darkness welcomed me as a single salty tear slipped down my cheek and a pain slashed through my heart.