¢нαρтєя 1; ∂єα∂ℓу ¢σммιтмєит

It's been almost two years

"Congratulations, Emma-"

Since we've escaped.

"Your shipment date has been set."

I should be happy

"You still have time..you can still run away-!"

But i'm not.

"We did it, Emma!"

EMMA'S LULLABY–CHAPTER 1

"Within two years, I want you guys to come back. I want you to break all of the kids out of this farm!" Ray's eyes widened. "If you think we're leaving you then you're dead wrong!" he spat out as he gripped the ginger's shoulders.

Emma gave a sad smile to both of her friends. She stood up and hugged both Ray and Norman, making both the boys' eyes widen. She buried her face between them. Letting a single tear escape her eye.

"So warm," she thought.

She whispered to both boys," please don't make this any harder than it is.

I had a good life. I really am lucky to have you in my life. Thank you for being here. Thank you for staying with me."

"And goodbye."

Emma had refused to give in to despair but that was her downfall. Emma was reckless, and that too will be her downfall.

I don't wanna die, was her first thought. The place she called home was supposed to be an orphanage for kids like her. They were supposed to be kids, normal ones, not food. She shouldn't even be questioning their safety.

Emma wants to live. She wants a life with her friends. She wants them to be happy! She wants them to happily live but that wish came with a hefty price. Emma would have to give up her life and happiness and in order for them to live in happiness.

Emma's time was up but theirs weren't. She'd soon be cornered on a cliff by the pack of wolves. Being left with only two decisions with no way out.

"So this is how emptiness feels, huh?"

Everything was going so well until it was announced that Emma will be shipped. Sure, there were some alterations to the plan but the alterations itself was the problem.

It wasn't supposed to be Emma but here she was. Accepting her fate as food. No, a diversion. A small sacrifice in order to gain the one thing her family desperately needed–time.

The ginger had arrived at the gate along with Isabella, the woman she called Mama. There that awaited her stood the very demon she swore to never give in to. Oh how her life had taken such a sharp turn.

In front of the beast stood an old lady. The lady had dull short brown hair, and a wrinkly complexion.

The old lady spoke to the young girl as Isabella stood next to Emma, blank faced. Emma had listened intently as the lady spoke. She was slightly bothered with the six eyes boring into her stiff figure.

The woman called Grandma had offered a hand to Emma, making the ginger hesitant.

Does she really wanna do this? Was she really gonna throw away everything? Was all of that effort for nothing? They'll come back in two years, considering if both sides survive whatever was out in the world.

Emma could feel the other side of her brain slowly being overpowered by negative thoughts.

All this time she had been selfless. Allowing her well-being be the last of her worries. Now she would have to wait for when the time comes. For now she can finally learn to care for herself. She can finally have the break she unknowingly needed.

Why was she so reluctant with the offer? What else has she got to lose? Nothing. The only thing she had left was herself.

And from that day forward, Emma's hope had wilted and became dull as her new life began to sprout and bloom.

"EMMA, STARTING NEXT MONTH YOU WILL BE PLACED IN PLANTATION 3."

The young woman held a blank expression, her eyes darkening before speaking in a hollow voice.

"I'd be delighted."

***

* * 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙴𝚖𝚖𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙽𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗

* * +𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚒𝚗 𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚝