Tea for the Lonely

I woke up the next morning quite disoriented. I did a quick inventory of the room and myself, and saw that everything looked normal. Well, as normal as it could waking up in a stranger's guest bed.

I threw on some jeans and made my way down the hallway to the kitchen where Nick was staring into a bowl of soggy cereal. Reminded me of last night...

"Uh, Nick?" I said, snapping my fingers infront of his face.

He did a quick glance up, not at all surprised by my presence, and then warily looked back down.

"Look, Payton, I'm really sorry but, what I did last night I just-"

"Wait." I said, quickly cutting him off. "You can't just throw me out now, not after everything I've been through. Please. Just let me stay. I won't be a bother I promise! I just, I just need this. I don't think you understand, nor might you ever understand. Please."

I took a shallow breathe and tried to hold in my tears. I was definitly an emotional person when it came to, well, everything.

Nick gave me a sideways glance. "I wasn't tyring to kick you out. I was just checking that you weren't going to go and turn me into the police or something."

"Oh.." I said, mentally letting out a deep sigh.

"So I told Harry to meet us here in about three hours. That way if he freaks, it won't be in a public place."

"Sounds good." I replied distractedly. Sure I was excited to finally met Harry, but when I have a rummbly stomach, I can't concentrate on anything else.

Finally Nick motioned to a cabinate on the side, in which I found some cereal and breakfast bowls. I pulled open a few drawers before finding the spoons and poured myself some milk.

"So does Harry still not know I am here? " I asked casually.

"Yeah, I figured it would be best not to tell him until he is actually here." Nick replied.

"Good plan," I said, settling down into the comfy breakfast bar stools. How would Harry react when he saw a random girl in Nick's flat? And more than that, would he even give me a chance? What if he doesn't even want to hear me out? Or worse, what if he does, and he thinks I am a deranged psycho like everyone else? The worries and doubts were flying through my mind, making me lose interest in my lovely cereal.

"You know, I think I'll just have some tea." I said, dumping the remainders of my bowl into the garbage disposal.

"That sounds fantastic." Nick said, staring at his own soggy mush.

"My mother always used to tell me that tea was to be drunk when you are sad and by yourself. She called it tea for the lonely. I completely disagree on this idea, but I always found it unusual that she thought that."

Nick glanced at me, confusion written on his face.

Just trying to make conversation, I mumbled under my breath.

We lasped back into silence, waiting for the water to heat up. When it was finally ready and the tea was steeping, Nick finally spoke up.

"So what is your plan again for today? What were you going to talk to Harry about again?"

I rolled my eyes. Of course this is what the topic would be. No, "Hey Payton how has your life been?" or "How are you doing with everything that has happened?". On the same hand I wasn't asking Nick much either, but still.

"Well," I said, grabbing the teapot, "My carefully concocted plan was to convince Harry that he should fall madly in love with me and we will then procced to run away together. And of course I will do this with my magical hypnosis skills."

"Right. Ok." Nick said, obviously ignoring my sarcasm. "Well he should be here any minuet so you might want to work on that plan a little more. Do you want to go and get ready?"

"Yeah. Sure." I said. I poured my tea into a mug and carried it back to the spare room. I rummaged through my backpack before pulling out a cozy sweater and my makeup bag. I liked being fashionable, but that did not mean that I had to wear skirts and dresses all the time to do that.

It took me about five minuets to get ready. I quickly pulled my hair out of my messy bun and brushed it out until it fell into semi-managble waves. I was never blessed with nice hair. Mine chose to do the opposite of what I wanted it to do most days, so I just learned to ignore it. I picked up my half drunk tea and went back out to the kitchen. Suddenly, I felt very out of place.

Before I was able to act on this feeling, I heard the front door swing open and a shuffle of some feet. I quickly ran back to my temporary room. All the confidence that I was feeling before completely disappeared and I felt like hiding in a hole. I was never good at confronting my fears. Though technically, Harry should not have been a fear of mine.

Nick went to the door to say hi to Harry. I figured he would explain the situation to Harry before I would emerge, but just incase I was not taking any chances. Waiting in the room for five minuets sounded like a good option to me.

I made myself as comfortable as possible on the bed and drummed my fingers on my leg, attempting to figure out what to say to Harry.

Loud footsteps startled me out of my thoughts, and before I could realize what was happening, I watched my door being opened. Nick slid in and shut it behind him.

"Alright here's the deal," he began. "Harry knows that someone is here to meet him but he knows nothing besides that. Well that and you are kind of living with me right now. But that's besides the point."

I nodded and took a deep a breath. This is what I came here for. Can't put it off any longer. It was time to face the music

*****************************************

So I am super sorry that I haven't updated in like ten years but I have been so busy like you have no idea. I also had this chapter prewritten but it took me forever to put it up because I wasn't satisfied with it. I'm still not but ill get over it. Maybe.

I'm ignoring studying for my chem test tomorrow to work on and update this so you are welcome. Anywho, dance is ALMOST over so I should be able to get back to writing on a slightly more regular schedule.

Andddddddd guess who I'm seeing on Saturday????

Passion pit!!! Y'all better be jelly.

Peace out Girl Scouts. I hope you still love me. Have a nice day :)