The new year winter ball

..................................................
"A change in date is just a number,

But a change in your thinking, the fire which will never let you surrender.

So lighten your sparks and give them winds of change,

Making this world know who is the best player in this game.

..................................................

....................................................

*Mild Adult content in this chapter. But I think everyone can read it because you will find no word or action that is offensive"
..................................................

The night of the winter ball
31 December
8:00 pm

Cold winds of December were making the province of Evanguard shiver in a cold gust of winter.

Fog surrounded the palace but warm yellow lights warmed the interiors of it.
Fires were lit and people were chatting around.

This being the biggest event of the year, everyone was invited and you could see ladies dressed in expensive gowns and men wearing tailor-made tuxedo's.

The young prince, now the king your majesty stood in the centre, engaged in a conversation with a very important guest.
His eyes falling on his watch, again and again, his eyes searching for someone.

King Harold stood next to him, his eyes showing happiness but his heart filled with heaviness.
He was already 4 drinks down, trying to forget the painful memories associated with today's date.

Memories of his first love giving him the greatest gift in life.
Memories of his worst day, when she left this world after giving him a gift he couldn't take care of.

Gift of a daughter, who he hasn't seen in the last 16 years.

These fake smiles were hurting him, he just wanted to go back to his room and stare at his first love's photo.
But he couldn't.

His second daughter Angela was being persistent on marrying the young man that stood next to him, he could see that he is not interested but a father's love for his daughter made him ask Daniel.

She is a really stubborn kid, just like her mother.
He could never win from her nor her mother Claire.
He sometimes did imagine how his Evalinge would look like.

How good it would have been if she was here, with them but knowing Claire, she would never accept her.
He was so foolish to let his daughter go, he was the worst dad in this world and he would understand if his own daughter hated him.

But still, he wanted to see her, to see those warm brown eyes which resembled her mother's.
His men were searching for her since the last 16 years but there was no trace of her.

Gulping another drink, he tried soothing the pain that has started in his heart.
Being the only escape from this never-ending burden of regret.

.....................................................

The chatter in the room died down a bit when their eyes fell on the beauty standing in red.

No one had seen her before, she was a new face to most of the people present there.

Daniel and King Harold saw people stare at someone behind them and whispering.
Confused they decided to turn around and that was when their hearts started thumping faster in their chests.