Chapter 17 - Bitten Twice. One Death.

Third Person POV

Harry sees Tilly fall to the ground and let's go of Ginny's hand. Sprinting over to his sister and friend, panicking if Tilly is alright. Kneeling next to Tilly shaking her head, waiting for her to open her eyes for him. Tom's breath is caught in his throat as he watches; wishing he could help in some way. Tilly's eyes flutter open as her strength is restored, as Ginny's plunges.

"Lily, thank god you're ok." Harry scoped Tilly into a hug, Tilly holds the rattled Harry, but all she can think about is how the electric feeling from Ginny is gone.

Tilly shakes out of her thoughts as the Basilisk burst from the water. Tilly and Harry are on either side of Ginny, as Harry turns to face the giant serpent, Tilly looks to the sorting hat seeing the sword of Gryffindor appear. Tilly grabs the sword as Harry scales the statue of Salazar. Right beside Harry, Tilly is able to block the Basilisk from eating her brother just in time.

"James, take the sword I have an idea." Tilly passes Harry the sword and climbs over to the other side calling the Basilisk to her. Taking a deep breath, Tilly changes into her animagus form; but not any form, she turned into a serpent that could challenge to Basilisk. Tom watches from below in awe of Tilly; knowing he chose the right twin 13 years ago when they were both unborn. He chose Tilly before she was even alive to be his second, and he knew now watching her battle, she would be the one to win the war.

Harry is knocked from the head and falls, making Tilly see if he's ok leaving her open to attack. Which is what happens the Basilisk takes aim and bites into Tilly. The pain from the venom is excruciating, but Tilly can manage. Turning back into her human form, Tilly grabs Harry, unknowingly passing off life-force to him; making him stronger but her weaker. The two hold the sword and plunge it into the mouth of the serpent, killing it, but also having a fang pierce their skin, seeping venom into the blood.

The cries from the dying snake were excruciating and intense. Tilly and Harry make their way down to Ginny; the two carrying each other down. Tilly dropped next to Ginny, removed the fang in her arm, tossed it aside and felt for a pulse, and luckily found one. Tom screams in anger, having his snake die.

"It doesn't matter, Ginny will die any minute, and I will be back." Tilly sees the dairy next to Harry and knocks the Basilisk fang closer to him; hoping he'd catch on. "Remarkable, how quickly the venom of the Basilisk spreads through the human body. I believe Tilly was bitten twice; I'm impressed you are still alive." Tom smiles at the dying girl.

"I have a fight that I will win," Tilly spoke firmly ignoring the effect on her body. Tom and Harry both smirk, thinking it is their side she is fighting for.

Harry sees Tilly pick up the fang and knock it over to him a second time next to the dairy and understands what she wants him to do. Picking up the fang and plunging into the open pages; Tom screams in pain and dives for Harry. Tilly can feel the electric shock pass through her again and sees Ginny move. Tilly holds both Ginny's hands as Harry destroys the diary. Tilly feels the life from her fading but can feel Ginny coming back. Harry starts to tire, so Tilly grabs the fang with him and stabs the front to the diary one last time, and Tom fades into only a memory again.

Ginny gasps for air as she wakes, opening her eyes and realising she is in the chamber.

"Ginny," Harry and Tilly say weakly.

"Tills, Harry." Ginny jumps into Tilly's arm as the older girl holds her tight. "I didn't mean to do this. Riddle made me." Ginny yells as she sees Harry's arm and the hole in Tilly's shoulder. Ginny still had a death grip on Tilly's hand, which keeps draining Tilly. Not being able to say much Harry speaks for the two of them.

"Ginny, don't worry about us. Follow the chamber; you'll find Ron. Then get out." Harry says short of breath." Fawkes come swooping back down and perches next to Harry and Tilly. Dripping and few drops of its tears into their wounds. Harry felt better immediately, and so did Tilly, but she still felt tired and unsteady.

"Phoenix tears have healing powers. But the Basilisk bit me while in animagus form, I think I'll be keeping this scar." Tilly points to the scar that has already formed where the deep gash in the shoulder was.

Tilly started to feel very faint and lied down. Harry and Ginny both talked about how everything was over and alright missed her pail figure slowly passing out.

"Harry! What's wrong with Tilly?" Ginny screams, looking down on the dying girl; still holding her hand tightly.

"I'm not sure, Ginny. Tilly holds on we'll get you out of here." Tilly merely nods when everything goes black, and she's unconscious. "Oh dear, Malfoy and Snape are going to kill me."

"They're going to kill us both if we don't get out of here," Ginny said back to Harry. Fawkes carry all five of them out with Tilly in Harry's arms as Ginny holds on to her as well. "Please Lill, you're the only real family I have left. I need you." Harry says to his sister as they are dropped to the ground.

5th June 1993

Harry, Ron and Ginny make their way as fast as they can to the hospital wing. Harry get Ron to find anyone who might want to see her, including telling Malfoy and Snape. As Ron neared his last stop, he could hear the raised voice coming from inside Snape's office. Knocking on the door and opening it, Ron sees Snape, Lucius and Draco all shouting over one another. Mostly Snape and Lucius are yelling Draco is hyperventilating on the couch. Ron manages to get the attention of Draco and drags him out of the room.

"What do you want Weasley?" Draco says no shame in the pain and worry he has for Tilly.

"Malfoy, Tilly needs you. Well, I think you should say goodbye before it's too late." Ron says sadly. Draco bolt from the door not even telling Snape or his Father, about Tilly and Ron chases after him to the hospital wing.

Madam Pomfrey has tried everything and still can't find anything wrong with Tilly. Her vitals are fine; there is nothing physically or mentally wrong with her; nothing she can help with.

"I'm sorry I don't know what's wrong. I have to get back to the other patience now." Pomfrey tells the kids who are standing around. Fred and George are comforting Ginny and each other. Harry is sitting next to his sister, having to watch her fade away from him.

"Till!" Draco cries as he comes in the room. Even though none of the other liked Malfoy much, they knew Tilly liked him and that he loved her. Harry moved over to the twins as Malfoy stood beside his best friend. His hyperventilating started again as tears stream down his face. Looking down at Tilly, she seems so peaceful, yet in pain. "Come back to me." Draco cried, pulling Tilly close to his body.

Tilly could feel Draco at her side and could feel everyone wanting for her to come back. Forcing her eyes, open Tilly locks eyes with Draco who yells out in relief. "I thought you were dead. You left me. Don't do that again." Tilly holds Draco close breathing in his scent of mint and citrus.

"I know, I'm sorry. I don't know what happened. Everything that happened to me happened to James; technically." Draco looks to Harry, staring into his soul.

"Next time, Potter, you're the one almost dying," Draco says still clutching onto Tilly for dear life. Tilly frowns at Draco, making him clarify what he means. "I said almost. I don't necessarily want him dying." Draco says, shaking his head. "But I'd want you to move alive." He says to Tilly, who laughs and kisses his cheek.

"By the way, Happy Birthday Draco."