untitled hades!h

request: Ok It was about persephone and hades fighting when she isn't that long down there and she's so mad she leaves their castle and gets kinda lost because everything is so foreign and scary and even dangerous to her and he finds her somewhere down there really scared and exhausted

_________

"I never asked for this, Harry!"

(Y/N)'s shout reverberated against the shimmering granite walls of the underground palace. She was surprised that some of the twinkling gems embedded in the ceiling hadn't rained down around them from the force of her words. She hadn't even known she had that kind of frustration and rage set so deep inside her; she had figured that was more of Harry's thing.

"(Y/N), please..." Harry pleaded, the silence becoming too much for him as the crack of her words morphed into the sound of his shattering heart.

"No! You don't get to call me that! Only people who actually care about me can call me by that name," (Y/N) pressed, the sparkling tulle of her dress curling around her figure, a gift from Harry. "Address me properly, or do not address me at all, Hades."

Harry—Hades, his godly name—inhaled a deep, shaking breath. This wasn't how he saw his night panning out, not after he had gifted her the star-dotted (actual stars of course, nothing but the best for his queen) gown she was wearing and had invited her to a grand dinner in the dining hall. Although a bit quiet, everything was pleasant and Harry could have sworn his (Y/N) was beginning to warm up to the idea of staying with him. Then, he made one comment and she flipped.

Now, she was stood across from him with a furrow in her brow and her fists clenched at her sides. The atmosphere in the hallway was one he had never felt when his Persephone was home; the air heavy and electric in the most unpleasant of ways. Tears of frustration were clouding her vision, and (Y/N) wasn't even sure how she had allowed her feelings to escalate like this. But she did mean it, she meant every word she said.

Harry had never asked her what she wanted, never asked her if she was willing to spend her life underground with him. He never asked her if she wanted to extend her weekend long visit to him to a lifetime long commitment. He never asked her any of those things, only asking if she was happy after the fact. She never thought he'd be just another person who didn't care to ask about her feelings; she never thought he'd be anything like her mother that he so despised.

"Persephone, 'm sorry. You know I would never hurt you. I did all of this thinking y'would be happy, m'love." Harry hardened his voice as he spoke, trying his best to keep his emotions in check and be the strong god he was supposed to be, instead of the crumbling man he was inside.

"Well," she breathed, her words just as watery as the tears lacquering over her eyes, "You were wrong."

And with that, (Y/N) fled the palace. She was gone in a whirlwind of tulle and glitter and luminescent tears. The warmth of her arm just barely grazed Harry's own as she brushed passed him with not so much as a glance.

Persephone had no idea where she was going, still unfamiliar with all of her surroundings, but she knew where she wasn't going to be and that was beside Harry. She didn't care that he had called after her while she marched out of the sprawling palace he called a home, she didn't care about the heartbroken look in his eyes, she didn't care about anything he had to say or do or anything that he might use to sway her into softening. This was the one time she wouldn't allow herself to soften. All she wanted was for him to listen.

In her rush out, (Y/N) didn't even consider what it was that she was walking into. Harry had always been extremely vigilant when showing her around his realm, a list of rules embedded in her memory. She was never to stray too close to the River Styx, never to eat anything he didn't offer her himself, and, most importantly, never to go out alone. She hadn't a care about any of those guidelines in that moment, her mind too hazed by hurt.