VIII

Day 8 : last wish

Donghyuck has been getting really weak. He couldn't do long walks anymore. He couldn't run anymore. He couldn't kiss mark longer anymore. He sometimes couldn't walk properly. He just was tired already. But he wasn't giving up. 'You're still on the 8th day hyuck. You can do this' he thought to himself while looking at the older on his chest.

"When can I ever meet you again? Should I ask the heavens above to give me another chance? Another chance to be normal. Another chance to love. Another chance to be with you. And another chance to live?" donghyuck smiled bitterly at what he just said. the older was sleeping soundly on his chest that he didn't get to hear what donghyuck have said.

Donghyuck was deep into his thoughts that he didn't know the older was waking up.

Mark just smiled at how cute donghyuck was in his hoodie.

"You have my new hoodie on. Looking cute." mark said as he pinched the younger's nose

"Owww! Too early for pinching!" donghyuck shouted at the older. he was pouting and this urged the older to kiss his lips. it was just a little peck nothing more.

Mark stood up and bent over donghyuck's side. He was motioning the younger to get on his back since he noticed how donghyuck has been out of energy for the past 2 days.

"Hop on. I know you're tired" mark smiled at him and donghyuck complied to what he said.

He carried donghyuck down to the dining table and was met by three eyes on them.

"Goodmorning lovebirds" yeri said as she was munching on her food

"Goodmorning to you lovebirds 2.0" mark spat back. joy and yeri were sitting together on the dining table while their mom was on the opposite side.

"Too early for sore eyes. Dad! Both our kids already have their significant other's. Can't you come back for a little while so that I could have some partner too?" their mom said while looking up the ceiling.

"Mom, you can take mark. I'll take dad" donghyuck said smiling

"Hyuck.." yeri stared at him sadly

"Let's eat, let's eat. It's too early for some drama" donghyuck said as he smiled at everyone on the table

They then continued on eating. After eating, joy and yeri insisted on washing the dishes for them and they can't say no because one, their mom has work, and two, donghyuck was tired.

-in donghyuck's room-

Mark wants to ask the younger a question but he thought that the younger might get sad by it. The younger noticed how mark was hesitating on speaking so he started the conversation.

"Love, I know you want to ask me something. Spill it. I won't be mad" donghyuck said as he went to hug the older.

"Uhmm love please don't be sad when I ask this alright?"

"You're breaking up with me?" this caused mark to sit up and look at donghyuck

"No no of course not. Why would I"

"You scared me there. Okay okay continue. I won't be sad"

"Are you tired? Like not of our relationship but physically. You know about your illness and everything. I noticed you aren't yourself these past 2 days."

"I don't know mark. I don't want to think about me being tired because it just makes me tired even more. I'm getting weaker every single day and I don't know what to do. But I promise you that everything's alright. I don't feel pain, just tired."

"You know if you're tired you can rest. Sleep if you need it. Lie down if you feel like it. But please, wake up. After you sleep, wake up. After you lie down, stand back up. I still don't know what I'd do without you. A world without you is like losing the only light a dark room has." mark said as he started sobbing onto his hands.

Donghyuck pulled him to hug and he let him sob onto his shoulders. Donghyuck also had tears in his eyes and he let it fall down carelessly.

'You can do it mark. I believe you can do it. You can live without me. We've spent 5 years of being together and I hope I'd make that longer but I couldn't. I just couldn't and I hate myself for that. I can't promise you that if I rest in the next few days I'll be able to wake up. I want to live for you but I can't. I'm sorry'

"Mark look at me." donghyuck said cupping mark's face. mark then looked up and met eyes with him.

"If I leave my physical body, I still have a soul. The soul that would keep you safe. The soul that would encourage you to keep going. The soul that would be with you every step of your journey." donghyuck kissed his tears away

"If I leave, be with my family. In that way, I'd know your safe and happy." another kiss

"If I leave, don't lock yourself. Instead, go out and be a light to someone's darkness. You need to continue my legacy you know." this made them both chuckle sadly

"I give you permission that if I leave, you can go find someone that would love you the way I loved and cared for you"

"On my funeral day, tell our friends to play our favorite songs. I don't really like sad songs, it makes me cry. I don't want to hear sad songs alright? That's my wish"

"If I leave, pinky promise me that you would continue with life and go for your dreams. I know you wanna be a writer. Go for it, you might get scouted. I'll be supporting you" they laced their pinkies together to signify that the promise has been locked.

"And lastly, if I leave, I hope you wouldn't forget about me." he then pressed their foreheads together.

Mark then smiled bitterly as he spoke.

"Why are we even talking about you leaving. You're not leaving for real aren't you?" Mark chuckled sadly and did a questioning look to the younger

'Yes. I'm leaving.'

"I don't know but it's better to be prepared you know!" donghyuck shouted as he bit his lips after

They spent the whole day on donghyuck's bed. They cuddled while watching their favorite movie together. They were just happy with what their doing and they hoped it wouldn't stop.

'You can do it love, I believe in you. Go chase your dreams. I hope you'd really take in my words and not lock yourself up. I'll be your personal guardian angel. I will miss you'

—————————————