he Girl That Fell Down the Chimney

The Girl That Fell Down the Chimney

[ Prologue : Avalon ]

(Edited)

"Daddy, you can't do this to me!" I exclaimed! "I'm not ready yet."

Both my parents turned around to face me, and my dad let out a weary sigh. He rubbed his face tiredly with one hand; the other was holding a huge suitcase filled with god-knows-what.

"Honey, you know I'm getting too old for this I need a break. Besides, maybe this will teach you to be responsible for once."

Looking at my dad's pleading eyes, and wrinkly face made me feel selfish and almost give in. Key word, 'almost'.

I stepped in front of the door, crossing my arms."You can't leave."

My dad stroked his long white beard. "Oh really now?" He chuckled, a familiar playfulness twinkling in his eyes.

"Nicholas," my mother reprimanded, "this is no time for games!"

"Please daddy, don't leave me, there's only four more days until Christmas Eve!" I pouted, widening my big brown eyes. I jutted my lip out even lower; playing the sweet innocent daddy's girl card was my favorite thing to do.

I saw his resolve waning and I would have accomplished my mission if my mom hadn't stepped in.

"Avalon knock of this nonsense, your father and I are going on a very much needed vacation, and you will handle Christmas this year." She said sternly.

"Yes, besides, the toys are made all you have to do is deliver them." My father agreed.

"That means riding the sleigh, and you know I can't do that!" I shouted.

"Lower your tone Avalon."

"But -"

My mother cut off my stuttering."No but's Avalon," she said.After that, both parents pecked my cheeks, wished me well and left me for my doom.

This year I was going to fill in for my dad and become Santa Clause.