Interval

------

The loud tone of the alarm clock set at eleven in the evening woke up the exhausted Senior Engineer of Corinthian Constructions, Vee Vivis. He needed to get up and be awake at the exact time because it's the only time he could get his daily dose of happiness.

With his face still looking sleepy, he immediately took his phone and clicked on a video call icon to the person he misses everyday. The person on the other line instantly answered it.

"Hey, going home now? Drive safely."

"You look sleepy, why don't you sleep more?" the person on the other line said.

"Nah..I'm good. I want to see and talk to you. I can sleep later again."

It was already two years when Mark left Thailand because he was put in charge of the new branch of their company in London,UK. He needed to stay there for three years until everything was already in place.

"Did you buy some food again outside for dinner? I told you that you need to eat more healthy foods, not ready-made." Vee reminded his lover who's not really good when it comes to the kitchen to eat properly.

"This is not ready-made. I bought it from the usual restaurant I am eating. And..I'm learning to cook too..at least some simple dishes."

Mark placed his phone in front of him while placing his food in a bowl so that they could talk like they were facing each other. This was their routine ever since Mark left. It's hard but they need to cope up and get used to it for now.

"What kind of dish? Roasted egg?"

"Phi!! I could already fry the egg without burning it." Mark pouted like a kid.

This was the thing Vee misses, their small talks and teasing.

"Hahaha. My bad. Yeah you can now. Just eat your food. You're losing weight again."

Vee misses his lover everyday. He's actually trying to hide it because he knew that Mark would be worried if he showed or said it.

They talked about what they did for the whole day until Mark noticed that Vee's eyes were starting to drop down but the latter was fighting it.

"Phi, go back to sleep now. You look so exhausted." Even though Mark wanted to talk more, he knew how busy Vee is in his work.

"No, I wanted to talk to you more."

"No. Sleep now. You need to wake up early right? Sleep. I'll just call again."

Vee nodded his head and pouted his lips. He wanted to talk some more but his body was a traitor.

"I love you Mark. I miss you."

Mark hummed and replied the same. The call ended and he felt a little empty again. It was hard maintaining this kind of relationship. During the first year when they were apart, both of them struggled. Vee would sulk like a kid and Mark became more irritable.

There were several issues as well of unfaithfulness from both sides but they mended it with the help of their friends. Although it was not easy to do so, they tried to keep their heads cool and trust each other because they know best that trust matters in a relationship.

When Vee was on his way to take his lunch, his phone rings and upon taking it out from his pocket, a blindingly bright smile shone from him.

Mark is calling.

"Good morning babe."

"Are you going to have your lunch now? You're outside?"

They are doing a video call, it is the only way they feel that they are still beside each other.