everybody wonders what it would be like to love you: two

I knock on the door and a few seconds later I hear rustling inside before the door opens and I'm greeted by Shelby's big smile.

"Hey Toni, come in, the place is a bit of a mess but we're gonna be just sitting upstairs anyway so it's fine." She says as she welcomes me inside and guides me upstairs.

"This is my room, my parents are out so it'll just be us two for a while"

I settle down on her desk chair and watch her for a moment as she scrolls through her phone but I become slightly worried when her smile slowly fades and her eyes fill with tears.

"Are you okay?" Genuine concerned lacing my voice as I begin to get up and walk towards her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She says, wiping her tears away and putting her phone down beside her.

"You can tell me you know, I won't judge."

I sit on her bed looking into her eyes as she tries to hide her subtle crying.

She finally breaks however and melts into my arms, her sobs slowly soaking my shirt.

"My boyfriend just broke up with me, over God knows what."

"Oh, I'm sorry," I say, not entirely too sure what do in this situation considering I've never gone through a breakup, I've never even had a boyfriend; I'm gay.

I hug her a little while longer until she finally speaks up.

"Could you please stay, I don't really want to be alone right now."

Despite my confusion, considering we aren't good friends, I nod my head yes and offer to cuddle and talk about it.

We sit in silence for a few minutes just staring at the ceiling, my arm around her body.

"Am I ugly?" she whispers.

I can't help but chuckle at her random comment but then I realise she was actually being serious so I contain myself.

"Don't be stupid, you're literally the prettiest girl in our whole school and everybody wonders what it would be like to love you, your boyfriend really lost the girl that everyone yearns for."

She turns to look at me, a smile etched on her face and I feel a sense of accomplishment.

"Thank you, Toni."

"No problem."

I lay looking into her eyes and an urge to kiss her arises in me but I force myself to knock those thoughts out my head. She's straight, she's straight, she's straight I repeat but I'm interrupted by a soft pair of lips meeting mine and at first, I'm taken aback but I sink into the kiss. She pulls away first and immediately apologizes but I kiss her again to shut her up and when the need for air finally takes over, I pull away and hear her giggle.

"That was amazing." She says out of breath.

"Yeah, it was," I reply, with the biggest smile imaginable etched upon on my face.