anticipatin' my face in a red flush: one

I hate Shelby Goodkind. She has this infuriating superiority complex that drives me completely insane. And the worst part is that she is also so utterly breath-taking, and she knows it too. Which makes her all the worse.

Despite my deep-driven hatred for the girl, I can't help but also be slightly infatuated by her which is probably also the reason I hate her so much. Just the fact that she could never be mine makes me despise her. You're probably wondering where all this is coming from, given the fact I usually bottle things up and never talk about my feelings to almost anyone.

Marty is the only person I really trust and even she can't always get things out from me. Me being me, and my luck also being totally shit results in Shelby being my history project partner meaning that I'll have to see her more than ever; great.

My thoughts were soon cut off as I feel a light tap on my shoulder and when I turn around I see bright green eyes looking at me.

"Hey Toni, I was just wonde-"

"No." I cut her off, I'm not in the mood to talk to Shelby right now but I instantly regret saying my answer so cold-heartedly when I see hurt splash across her face.

"Oh okay, sorry." She mumbles, as she begins to walk away, sadness visible in her demeanour.

"Wait" I shout, grabbing her arm and pulling her back around "I'm sorry, what did you wanna ask." I almost cringe, my words coming out cowardly and timid.

"I was just going to ask when we should meet and work on that project."

This was the question I was secretly fearing, my home life is a complete mess and the only person I have ever allowed to come over is Marty but even she doesn't come around that often, we mostly just hang at her place.

"Um, can we meet at yours, my house is being renovated and it's very loud, so you know not a great place to do work haha." the words finally come out, they're not very convincing though.

"Okay, sure, come to my house at 5, I'll text you the address."

"Alright, see you later," I say, eager to get away from the girl as I slowly start walking out the school and towards the parking lot.

"Bye!" I hear her shout.

I jumped into my car, a deep red flushing my cheeks, I hate that girl and the effect she has on me.