Chapter 4

Poe watched as the creature,now knowing it was Ranpo,try to eat the chips again only for the same thing to happen repeatedly. The younger hissed in irritation as he threw the packet away and pouted,his stomach growling and he curled up on the bed,his green light eyes open to reveal brightness like stars,literally.

The author looked closer at the other,observing and noticing a few things that had changed. Other then the fact that he was glowing like a lightbulb,the detective had a sleek tail with a ball of fluff at the tip. There were wings on his back too,looking like an angels' one,only that it had been snapped and now limped around his back. His eyes also had star shaped pupils and now that he noticed it,floated just slightly above the mattress as he threw his tantrum.

"Ah! That's right,I have to show you back to the agency," the writer exclaimed,taking his partner's light hand and guiding him outside,the bottle of Ramune firm in his pocket. He was about to dash over to the agency until he realised the creature behind him was fully floating,his wings in no use though just levitating over the pavement. Poe cursed loudly when he saw that and pushed himself to the wall,apologising for his panic outburst when the angel looking creature poked his cheek with concern.

Sighing,he regained his composure and led the smaller out,ignoring weirded out stares and screams from the public who saw the floating man. As they made their way to the agency,he couldn't help but notice how Ranpo stared at the ramune
in his pocket with lust for it in his eyes,his tongue licking over his lips every few seconds or so as his closed eyes trained on the sweet drink.
...
2 times Ranpo whined loudly to be carried.
2 times Poe convinced him to continue flying.
15 times Ranpo tried to attack Poe for the ramune bottle.
15 times Poe managed to block him away from it.
And with that...
"Poe-kunnnn~I'm tired. Carry me!" The raven mewled,pouting with his arms straightened to face the floor and his tail stuck up in the air defiantly.

It made this the third time he begged for the other to carry him. Rolling his eyes,the older finally gave in,opening up his arms for the smaller to hop into them happily,cuddling up in him as they continued to walk to the agency while he was being carried bridal style.

Clinking of shoes and the noisy atmosphere of the office could be heard as he got in front of the door,pushing it open slightly,anxious he'd get scolded for something,really anything,he was just worried. "Oh,Poe-san! Come in,We found something that might've been linked to our missing detective-" Yosano,the person who was talking stopped when her eyes fell onto the creature emitting light ,its tail curled up contently as he snuggled the taller's chest while purring. The whole agency just shut down,watching as the person got off from his comfortable position reluctantly,making an annoyed expression like a cat about leaving his special spot.

"R-Ranpo-san,that's really you?" Kunikida was the first to speak in awe,eyes dazzling at the thought of his senior possibly coming back into the agency's arms. The mentioned man stretched,a lazy grin making a home on his face as his tail swung around in the most laid back way possible. Just like that,the people outside of the agency thought that an earthquake was coming when the office shook. By the time everyone had calmed down,they looked at Poe with an intent of asking for an explanation. The tallest had a small panic Attack before explaining the situation in stammers,hoping that he wouldn't get reprimanded even more than he already had been,especially after Dazai had glared at him like he had murdered Chuuya before he left for the other city.

While he was doing that with all of the agency member's attention on him,the detective got into a crouching position,his tail swinging from side to side with a serious flick as he wriggled his body like a cat that was about to pounce on its prey. His eyes were trained on the sweet drink seated vulnerably in the other's pocket,making a growling noise before leaping onto his pocket,dangling from the cloth with his claw like nails and biting the bottle with his sharp teeth to try and open the cap.

Poe squeaked in surprise as he fell to the ground,the snack lover taking the bottle of ramune out of his pocket and chomping on the sides of the bottle,his hand threatening to pop the marble into the soda and slurp it all up. The author was too late to get up and snatch the bottle back,his eyes widening when the marble flew through the liquid of the soda. He had a feeling in him,that something would happen if Ranpo drank that ramune,after all he looked so hungrily at it most of the time unlike other snacks he wouldn't Attack to get his puny hands on them.

Before Poe could even scream,Yosano kicked the bottle out of his hands,the ramune spilling onto the ground,the clear liquid seeping through the mat. The moment the ramune spilled to the ground,the angel looking figure blended with the light,no one being able to see him anymore. "Ranpo-kun!" The tallest amongst them called out in terror,the thought of losing his love again making his heart ache in agony.

"He's fine,just get me another bottle of ramune." The woman clicked her tongue as she waited for Tanizaki to get the ramune from the agency fridge. The soda swished around the bottle as the purple haired woman shook the bottle in the light,the light sound echoing in the pin drop silence room. Poe blinked as his eyes adjusted to a sudden bright light that appeared before him,the light turning into a figure that soon resembled the angel looking man who was still clawing his way to get the bottle.

The older tipped his head,confusion rushing in like a wave as the girl carefully made the raven avoid the ramune. "You must be so confused. Just like I said before,I found out about something that might be related to Ranpo so why not have a seat so I can explain everything to you?" Yosano enquired as she ruffled Ranpo's hair and took a seat on a chair. Curiosity burst into the writer as he sat down to find out what was linked to the Detective.