tomorrow

Zayn took a deep breath, feeling like he's been holding it in all damn night. He sat down next to Harry, leaning his elbows against his keens.

Zayn: "my date with Perrie was stupid"

Louis: "that's it? just stupid?"

Zayn: "I mean, the food was delicious, I've got leftovers if you want them by the way...but other than that it was just boring and uncalled for"

Niall: "did you guys chat about the engagement or?"

Zayn: "yeah we did"

Niall: "and?"

Zayn: "I tried so hard to reason with her but she's obsessed with me. She claims she doesn't wanna lose me, and this is the only way I'll be in her life"

Liam: "what a psychotic bitch"

Zayn: "tell me about it, what other choice to I have?"

Harry: "let them release the picture of us dancing because it apparently wasn't what it looked like anyway...I mean, that's what you told Simon yeah?"

Harry got up and grabbed his things, making a straight line for the door. He was clearly pissed about the engagement, and in that moment he didn't care about hiding how he felt in front of the boys.

Zayn: "haz wait..."

Harry didn't look back, he just left. Somewhat slamming the door behind him and following his own footsteps to his room.

Liam: "he sucks at hiding how he feels"

Liam chuckled to make light of the situation

Zayn: "he just gets flustered sometimes"

Louis: "I think the word you're looking for is extremely jealous"

Zayn: "he just hates seeing me go through this shit, he's just protective, he's always been that way"

Niall: "whatever you say mate, but you'd better go find him before you dig yourself deeper in that hole"

Zayn rolled his eyes but he was ultimately grateful that they didn't make a bigger deal out of it.

Once he gathered his things he made a b line to Harry's room, knocking on the door for 5 minutes before he decided to answer.

His eyes were puffy and swollen, and he knew he'd been crying.

Zayn: "why're you crying?"

Harry: "because all of this is complete shit! fuck Perrie, fuck the engagement, fuck management!"

When Harry got this upset he lashed out on things. He liked to make holes in walls and smash things but, before he could get too aggressive Zayn grabbed his harms and held them down, pulling him into a reassuring hug that instantly made him relax.

Zayn: "calm down baby calm down"

Harry sobbed into Zayn's chest, not caring enough to hold back his emotions anymore.

He rocked him back and forth, humming in his ear to calm him down, and after a few minutes of silence it was enough to compose him.

Zayn: "are you ready to talk about this or do you wanna wait?"

Harry: "better now than never..."

Zayn: "come on, let's go lay in the bed"

Harry wiped the tears off of his red cheeks and undressed to just his boxers, feeling so at ease around zayn that he didn't even think twice about it.

Zayn did the same, crawling up to the headboard and letting Harry lay on his tattooed chest.

Occasionally one of his tears would fall into Zayn's skin, sending a shiver through his body.

Zayn: "first of all, are you alright?"

Harry: "mhm"

Zayn: "because I'm not gonna start talking unless I know you're okay"

Harry: "I am, I just needed to get my anger out"

Zayn: "I know, now tell me what's really bothering you?"

Harry: "I wanna be Perrie"

Zayn: "shut the fuck up haz, no you do not"

Harry: "stop, just hear me out"

Zayn: "I'm listening"

Harry: "she's gorgeous, she gets to go on dates with you, the paparazzi takes your picture holding hands, she gets to see you on one knee in front of her...and she's a girl."

Zayn: "who gives a fuck if she's a girl, clearly I don't want you to be a girl when one look at you in those tight fucking underwear have me hard. You know better than that."

Harry: "but things would be so much easier if I was, there wouldn't be backlash if we came out"

Zayn: "Harry listen to me, that's the last thing you need to worry about. We'll worry about that shit when the time comes but for now I need you to know that you're perfect the way you are. Nothing about you needs to change, and if I catch you saying that again I'm gonna be pissed yeah?"

Harry: "mkay"

Zayn: "I don't wanna be rough with you baby, I know this entire situation isn't ideal, but you can't be doubting yourself like that."

Harry: "you do it all the damn time"

Zayn: "I'm allowed, I'm not the Harry Styles."

Harry: "shut up"

Zayn giggled allowing some of the tension between them to dwindle.

Zayn: "and at the end of the day, who's laying on my chest and falling asleep with me?"

Harry: "me?"

Zayn: "good guess smart ass"

Harry pressed a kiss to Zayn's chest.

Zayn: "stop worrying about what you aren't and start loving who you are because when I look at you I see nothing flawed. Maybe it's because you already have me wrapped around your finger, but seriously, you don't wanna be Perrie so please get that thought out of your head babe"

Harry: "I trust you"

Zayn: "good, that's all I ask"

Silence overtook them for awhile, they laid in each other's embrace just breathing and taking in the closeness of each others bodies.

Harry: "can you believe we start touring tomorrow?"

Zayn: "no, it's crazy actually, but I'm pumped"

Harry: "me too, I can't wait to perform"

Zayn: "I just have a feeling that tomorrow's gonna be...special"

Harry hummed in response, not really knowing what he meant by "special" but he didn't have the motivation to ask, so instead he let his eyes slowly shut as he let sleep come over him, listening to the sound of Zayn's beating heart.