Chapter 4: Bonded Together

It has been 2 years since Izuku's first birthday with Kyoka. One Kyoka's first birthday with Izuku he got her a key chain with a fire figure at the end of it. He said the exact thing Kyoka said to him when she gave him the purple guitar key chain for her birthday. "Its something to remember me by. If we ever get separated which I hope it doesnt happen." He said.

They get the usual insults from Katsuki which they ignore much to the dismay of him. He always tries to talk them down from going to U.A. The exam for the prestigious high school is in 4 months and Junior High third year finals are in 1 month. Izuku is pretty smart despite his laziness. Kyoka is usually the one falling behind a bit. especially in math, her least favorite subject.

Izuku usually tries to help her with it which helps a bit. But she looks like she is getting tired. Its lunch time and Izuku and Kyoka after getting their 3rd daily insult from Katsuki go up to the roof and sit down. Kyoka looks really tired. He has been looking like this for a few days now. "Kyoka are you getting sleep?" Izuku asked and Kyoka looked at him. 'Should I tell him?' Kyoka thought as she took a deep breath.

"Its just late night studying. Dont worry about it." Kyoka said as she continued eating. Izuku knew she wasn't lying. She is pretty stressed about these final exams. She wants to pass so she can get into U.A with Izuku. But there is no reason to worry about it so much. "Kyoka, Dont worry about the exams so much. Those exams will be easy. Plus you got me to study with and if anything your more prepared for this exam as anyone else." Izuku said as Kyoka's face turned a red that rivaled that of a tomato.

"Yea, T-thanks. Can I rest on your shoulder?" Kyoka said as Izuku nodded. Kyoka laid her head head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. She feel asleep almost instantly and Izuku just ran his hand through her hair. They are tight close best friends. Some people mistake them for a couple when they hang out at times. As friends of course.

The bell rang and Kyoka was still sound asleep on Izuku's shoulder. Izuku shook her shoulder to wake her up. After a few seconds she woke up. "Come on. Class is starting." Izuku said as he got up and Kyoka followed suit. They walked their way to class and again bumped into Katsuki. "Tch, Stupid Deku and Ear Lobes. Honestly how do you two expect to get into U.A." He said as he walked away and Kyoka and Izuku just ignored him.

After class Izuku and Kyoka were walking towards there study area which was under a tunnel. They were about to take a seat when. "Ha! two skin suits!? I think ill knock out the boy and take the girl. Ha Ha Ha!" Izuku and Kyoka turned to see a villain made out of slime.

Out of instinct Izuku pushed Kyoka to the side and lit his arm on fire. The villain punched his arm and it burned him. "Ah you damn brat that burned!" He shouted. Izuku took a stance a looked him in the eye. "You've made a big mistake." Izuku said as he pointed two fingers and circled it once as a circle of fire appeared around him. "Iai Chop- form seven. Sun wheel." Izuku said as he hit the villain and slime splattered everywhere as a wheel of fire appeared behind the area Izuku attacked.

Kyoka ran up to Izuku and punched his shoulder. "I could've held my own Baka!" Kyoka shouted as Izuku rubbed the back of his head. "Yea I know I was just worried a bit. Plus I think I over did it." Izuku said and Kyoka blushed at that first part.

"NEVER FEAR! Because I a-. Oh you already taken care of him? He isn't dead is he?" Izuku and Kyoka turned around to see All Might. Kyoka's eyes widened as Izuku's remained the same. "No I dont think so. His body was made of liquid so I doubt it." Izuku said as All Might was taken back on how calm and rational Izuku is being although he is standing in front of the number one.

"Dude! show some respect! he is the number one!" Kyoka shouted as she punched Izuku's shoulder. Izuku just shrugged. "Yea I know he is number one. I just dont really care enough. A hero is a hero and thats that. A hero protects people and people shouldnt worry about a heros ranking." Izuku stated as he started to sit down against the wall as All Might put the villains slime in a bottle.

"Are you going to take a seat? We still got time to study." Izuku asked and Kyoka nodded. Izuku and Kyoka studied and Kyoka was starting to get an understanding of a few equations with Izuku's help. "Yea but that doesn't make sense." Kyoka said as Izuku chuckled. "Because you are forgetting about the decimal and on top of that you have to carry the three." Izuku stated as Kyoka's eyes widened in realization. "Damn Izuku how are you such a champion at math?!" Kyoka semi shouted as Izuku chuckled.

After that Izuku and Kyoka finished their study session and walked home together and Kyoka had a few questions to ask of him. "So Izuku, what was that you used? against the villain." Kyoka questioned and Izuku looked at her. "Oh um. That was something I have been working on. Iai Chop is like a series of moves I can use." Izuku stated as they approached Kyoka's house. "Well see ya around Kyoka. Remember get some sleep." Izuku said as Kyoka ran up the stairs. "Ya! thank you for helping me study and saving me! Bye!" Kyoka said as she opened the door. She walked in and closed it.

"See ya round Kyoka."