Chapter Thirty-Six

The air had left my lungs and all I could focus on was the black hole in my stomach. It was gripping onto my heart trying to swallow it down, but it wasn't working. "Grace, just breathe..." a blurred voice called out, but I couldn't. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't - no - this wasn't - this could be - I can't...

"I can't, somebody help me, I can't breathe...I can't..." my voice was unrecognisable. The tears were blocking the view of everything and the sickness that arose in me was trying so desperately to fall from my mouth, but I couldn't breathe. I could barely function, I could barely move. Derek... he... he... no... he couldn't... no.

"Grace..." they called out again. Reaching up, I managed to grab onto their t-shirt trying to focus on them. Who even were they? "You need to breathe. If you don't breathe you're going to pass out and I would rather not deal with an unconscious teenager." Who was this? It didn't matter who they were though, because I still couldn't breathe.

"No, no, no, no, he's dead...he's dead...I can't..."

All I could think about was the few days before this.

Looking down at the collection of papers on the desk I tried to figure out the plan. Me, Cora, Boyd, Peter and Derek were all stood around the table discussing the plan. I wasn't sure what my role was going to be yet, but I knew that I had to be there. I needed to know what was going on because If I was to die, if I was to lose anyone else then I needed to know how it happened.

"I know where they are," Scott's voice rang out as the door was forced open, that was old news now.

"Same building as the Argents," Derek said turning from the map and looking over to the boy with his arms crossed, "we know."

"Cora and I followed the twins." Boyd admitted.

"...Then they want you to know."

"Or, more likely, they don't care." Peter cut in, they were a group of alpha's who all thought they were superior in every single way. Why would they care?

Scott's eyes then caught onto the collection of papers that were scattered over the table. "What is this?"

"Isn't it obvious? The schemers are scheming," Peter mused. He was beginning to get on my nerves just as much as Allison had. Although, I could respect Peter more because at least he didn't pretend that he was good. "Coming up with a coup de main-- better known as a pre-emptive strike."

"You're going after them?"

"Tomorrow," I sighed out, I didn't really want to go. I didn't want any of this to happen and yet it was going to. It was completely and utterly inevitable.

"And you're gonna help us."

From Scott's face it was obvious he didn't want to help, but he didn't have a choice. This was more than all of us combined. If we didn't get them, then we're going to die.

"They're one floor above them, in the penthouse right about Allison."

"So, kill them first? That's the plan?" Scott asked, it was the only plan we had.

"They won't even see it coming!" Boyd cheered, although it was hard to agree. They were all alphas, there was no possible way they wouldn't see it coming.

"Why is the default plan always murder?" He had a point, "Just once, can someone try to come up with something that doesn't involve killing everyone? I mean Grace I thought you'd understand."

"These are grown ass psychopaths, there's nothing good in them and there's no hope now." It was hard to admit, but it's what I felt. There was no other option. I also didn't want to die and I didn't want to lose Derek.