Chapter 2

After a successful gala, the four gathered in Draco's reception room, " I stood with mother for a bit of the Gala, and all those old women just said the exact same thing, Lord Selwyn this, lord Selwyn that, it was funny how they watched him like starving vultures eyeing prey." Pansy complained,

        " Surprisingly, the Lord's were quite the same, all talking praise about the new ministry hotshot. Did any of you notice the looks Cassia and Lord Selwyn had gotten? Aunt Bellatrix looked like a muggle child during Christmas."

        " Hm, that is true. I was conversing with Antonin Dolohov and other deatheaters and the conversation stopped abruptly when Cassia had been offered to dance. Their eyes had practically fallen out of their sockets and then they quickly continued as nothing had happened. I have never seen stone-cold Uncle Lucius look so surprised." Alexander reported, quill scratching against parchment in a flurry of movement, another letter to his beau.

Draco furrowed his eyebrows, " If Death Eater families had reacted that way, he must be connected to the Dark Lord somehow, it seems like we'll just have to wait and see. Cassia, how was your dance with Lord Selwyn? Does he live up to his reputation?"

The eldest Potter sat on the loveseat, eyes focused on the book on her lap, " Indeed, he rises above all my expectations. He had the gall to taunt me. And by your descriptions, he would have gotten away with it had my mother been listening. His magic was also very mature, not at all believable for his 19-year old persona. It reminds me of mother's description of the Dark Lord's own aura."

The Parkinson heir shot up, " Do you think he might be related to the Dark Lord? A son? Or even a child he took as heir. After all it wouldn't be far fetched for the Dark Lord to desire an heir to take over if anything had happened to him."

* * *

The Dark Lord's heir, the girl mused, Pansy's theory was believable, highly likely to be true considering the other theories circling about the Dark Lord.

The Death Eaters certainly knew him, and he possesses the beauty and charisma she had heard the Dark Lord possessed. He very well could be. But that in itself poses more questions than answers, Was the Dark Lord's resurrection actually the Lord Selwyn taking up his father's mantle? Or is the Dark Lord actually alive and his heir serves as his right hand man?

And most importantly, why did the Dark Lord's heir approach her of all people? Was it connected to her younger brother? Or was he confirming that she was loyal to the Lestrange's?

A slight tug on her hair broke her from her trance, and she smiled as she looked at her reflection, it was the Ministry's Year-end gala. It was also the gala she was hoping could get her answers about the mysterious Lord Selwyn.

Bellatrix Lestrange was not at all interested in the art of getting ready, and was eaiting in the foyer, thus, it was her aunt Narcissa Malfoy helping her get ready. The healer had been her hero from the first time she had ever laid her eyes on the beautiful form of her aunt.

And most forget that Narcissa Malfoy was much more than a perfect pureblood housewife, she graduated with top marks and as Head Girl, and is an accomplished healer and sought after by many for her prowess in field of healing.

She looked up to the reflection of her aunt behind her, " Auntie, what do you know about Lord Selwyn?"

She asked, she knew that aunt Cissa was a member of Voldemort's inner circle, just unmarked as she gave him valuable information. And if anyone knew anything about other people, it was her.

Narcissa smiled, " He reminds me of Lucius, although I have to admit that he far surpasses my husband.  Why the question though? Are you perhaps interested in the young Lord?"

She merely hummed, " Perhaps."