(45) #BeautifulMistake

JISOO's POV

It was our last day of school before our Christmas vacation started. All of the students were too excited to go home and spent their holiday break on whatever plans they had in mind with their families. I also wanted to spend my Christmas with my family but unfortunately, they told me they would be out, going to Jeju. Being a princess had a benefit indeed. This was their first time to have a flight trip so I let them be. At least, I had to see and talk to them yesterday even if it was only in the video camera.

Also, it was my first not spending Christmas with my family. My mind was too occupied as I didn't notice that Jin was calling me multiple times. We were on our way now to the parking lot where Butler Bang and Ms. Dara waiting.

"Jisoo" he enunciated as he touched my arm.

"Yes? I'm sorry, come again?" I countered back.

"Is something bothering you?" Jin asked, his voice worried.

I faced and just smiled at him. This man eventually made me feel I wasn't alone and I was grateful for that. He seemed bothered so I looked up at him, relief mixing with the assurance in my eyes.

"Nothing. Everything's fine" I put my hand against his chest, touching the smooth buttons of his school coat.

Even through this stiff fabric, I could tell there was nothing soft about this man's body. I started to wonder what he looked like without the suit. It began out innocent enough. I was just imagining him in other clothes. Normal clothes that an everyday man would wear on the street: a t-shirt and jeans. It was a difficult image to hold onto because he seemed made of suits like he was born wearing them.

"Good. Come on, let's go" then Jin suddenly grabbed my hand, whisking us away to the parking area.

"Wait, where are we going Jin? You know they are waiting for us" I asked but I still let him pull me.

"I never take you on a date. Can I take you now?" we stopped for a while as he invited me on an expected date. I just blinked repeatedly, not knowing what to react.

"I am serious, Jisoo. Can I?" his expression was serious and sincere. I had to respond.

"S-ure" he wasn't usually like this so I was thinking what had gotten into him all of a sudden?

"Let's wait for Namjoon at the back. I borrowed something from him." I just nodded and let Him lead our way.

While we were waiting for him in the shed at the school's back entrance, Jin was calling someone on his phone. I assumed he was talking to Butler Bang, informing him of our sudden getaway. After the phone call, he switched off his phone and put it back in his bag.

"Let's not take calls from them for a while. Where's yours?" he asked as he was also confiscating my phone.

"Okay. Here." I was at ease to oblige so I gave him my mobile instantly.

We were still waiting for Namjoon when unexpectedly, Irene approached Jin from out of nowhere.

"Jin" she began. We were both surprised when she spoke.

"Irene, what are you doing here?" he asked, his brows were creased.

"Just hear me out" she straightforwardly said. I couldn't read her expression.

"I'll leave you two, so will you excuse me" I didn't think it was right for me to stay there while they were talking. I was about to leave when suddenly,

"Jisoo wai-"

"No, you need to listen to this too, Jisoo" Irene beat Jin off as she tried to stop me from escaping.

"No, it's fi-"

"I loved you Jin. No, I still love you. I just wanted to tell you that. I don't know if that will change everything but at least I let it off from my chest. The day that you proposed to me, I regret it. I regret that I rejected you. If only I said yes to you that day, maybe... maybe I'm the one who-"

"You're the one who's with me and still not happy and content. Irene, you love your ballet career above all else. You lived your entire childhood just to practice and master it. You want to become a famous ballerina so achieve it cause you're halfway there already. You made the right choice." Jin cut her off.

"You're right. I couldn't let my passion go but you, yes I can. It looks like I can never have both. But remember this, if I already got it and something's wrong happens to your relationship, I won't hesitate to get you back." Irene confessed like I wasn't there, listening.

"I know I sounded too selfish but this is me towards the people and things that I love. So you heard me, Jisoo. If you let go of him, you know what will happen," she added as she turned to face me. I was speechless at her frankness.

"Anyway, my flight to the US is today and I just want to see you and say goodbye. My competition will be next week so wish me luck" she informed him as she began to put on her mask and browned beret.

" Good luck Irene" Jin wished her luck and smiled at her.

She just nodded and smiled back at him. When she looked at me, she bowed and started to walk away. Jin and I just watched her receding figure when suddenly her steps halted for a moment.

"It seems like you, proposing to me that day was a mistake. Was it?" she asked Jin without turning around. I didn't want to hear Jin's answer because I might get hurt but I had no choice but to accept what would be his reply.

"Yes. But I'm happy you rejected me" he answered Irene with so much honesty as he took my hand and squeezed it gently.

"Well then, when Jisoo asks about me, I hope you tell her how I was your beautiful mistake." Irene sadly smiled over her shoulder just before she completely walked away.

" Irene sadly smiled over her shoulder just before she completely walked away

(A/N: Happy post-Christmas guys! ❤️)