17

My first exam was coming up and with it, more stress than I knew what to do with. I wasn't nervous about potions. Slughorn thought I should take the sixth year exam even though I didn't take the class really. He said it might be good to have the good grade just in case.

I practiced potion making more than I should have but it was a good way to avoid Exam Hermione. She was a lot more annoying than she took credit for, even the boys had had enough.

I was doing all my studying in the dungeon where it was quiet and nobody would bother me. Snape would come in and out without so much as a look at me but I didn't care. I didn't know what his plan was and I was tired of trying to guess. I just wanted to finish school and move on while I could.

"Hey, thought I might find you here."

I looked up and smiled a little as Harry walked in. "Hi."

"Still working?" He asked.

"Yeah. I've got lots to do." I sat up straighter as he looked over my books. "Turns out I've been slacking on transfiguration a bit too much. Guess I've been focused on the wandless magic more."

"Yeah that hurt by the way." Harry rubbed his back.

"I would say I'm sorry but..." I shrugged and he chuckled, making me smile.

"So um... I know we're not on the best terms or... I don't really know how we are. I guess I'm here to ask." He said.

"You're forgiven, so that's good." I replied. "I feel like we're back at that whole, 'I don't know how to talk to you without saying something stupid' phase."

"That's exactly where we are." Harry nodded.

"Yeah." I sighed softly.

"You don't have a potion for that?"

I laughed. "I wish."

Harry smiled and leaned against the table.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" I asked, turning to him.

"I want us to promise something," He said. I nodded. "No matter what happens, we trust each other. We be there for each other as much as we can. We lean on each other. Friends or... more than friends."

His eyes scanned mine then dropped to my lips briefly and I stood up. I leaned forward and kissed him lightly and quickly.

"And another promise." I said. He nodded. "If you try to kill me again, I get to hex you into next week."

His face went red and he smiled awkwardly. "Deal."

I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I have to go meet Dumbledore." He said, pushing off the table. "I'll see you later?"

I nodded and watched as he backed out of the room slowly. I waved shyly and it was my turn to blush when he hit a table and laughed, unable to look away from me. I laughed and watched Harry disappear before sitting down again.

What was this boy doing to me?

I took the next few hours to finish up my work and tossed the potion that didn't work. I would have to try it again another time.

I took my time making my way home, having to come from the depths of the castle. When I got to the corridor that showed me the outside world, thunder rumbled through the sky. It was dark out. The sun had set and the clouds were rolling in menacingly.

We had beautiful skies earlier, this was odd. I brushed off the pit in my stomach and kept walking, keeping my eyes and ears open for anything.

I made my way to the infirmary, suddenly feeling the need to check on Draco. I pushed my hair behind my ears, cursing myself for wearing it out today. I didn't know why I chose that.