Epilogue

Emily’s POV

This is stupid. I shouldn’t be doing this. I could have just called. He might not even be home. It was late, he might be asleep. All these thoughts run through my head as I look up at Zayn’s house. I’d been standing here for the last ten minutes, trying to gather the nerve to go up and knock. What would I say? I probably looked crazy standing out here, like one of those fans that stalked the boys to their house. Just go up and ring the bell, I tell myself, trying to get my feet to move. Another 10 minutes pass when a car pulls up, causing me to jump.

“Emily?” a voice asks and I feel my heat lurch. I knew that voice. I spin around and see Zayn stepping out of the car, a confused look on his face. “What are you doing here?” he asks as he walks over to me. My mouth goes dry and the words I’d been practicing for the last 10 minutes slip from my mind.

“I—I—I” I stutter, unable to speak as he stands in front of me. He leaves a couple feet of space in between us, as if being too close would hurt.  I can see how tense he is from here, and I begin to doubt myself. Was he mad at me for hurting him so much? What if he didn’t want to see me? “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have come.” I say turning away embarrassed, intent on leaving with what little remained of my dignity. He grabs my wrist as I begin to leave and spins me back around to face him. I look at him speechless as his eyes flicker from mine down to my hand.

“Where’s your ring?” he asks, looking at the empty finger then back up at me.  I shake my head unable to form words, but that’s all it took. A look of realization crosses his face and like two magnets of opposite forces, he draws me to him, his lips crashing against mine.  The hunger in the kiss is overwhelming and my hand tightens on the back of his neck, tugging at his hair.  He’s the first to pull away, his chest rising and falling quickly with every breath.

“I’m so sorry for everything,” he breathes raggedly. “If you just give me one more chance, I promise I’ll never—“ he says as I cut him off, kissing him again. He pulls back one more time.

“I’m not letting you leave again,” he says forcefully.

“And I don’t want to” I reply shaking my head before his lips meet mine again.

“Wow, this is incredible. I don’t even know what to say” I ramble, staring at the award in our hands. “Thank you all so much. Three years ago, we never thought we’d get this far and knowing we got it because of our fans makes it mean that much more.” The crowd applauds and the three of us leave the stage, the Moon Man in hand. It had been just short of a year since that night on his doorstep and things had only gotten better. We’d released our second album and everyone had loved it. Our world tour had sold out in seconds, and we’d even gotten to perform at MSG. It was hard having a boyfriend on a different continent, but we made it work, visiting every spare moment. The amount of frequent flyer miles we’d accumulated between the two of us would probably have been enough to fly to the moon and back. But I wasn’t worried about cheating anymore. Sterling had been right. I knew neither one of us wanted to go through that torture again.

“You got lucky this time” Zayn teases, leaning over my shoulder from his seat behind us.

“We beat you fair and square,” I say sticking out my tongue at him

“Yea, yea, yea” he jokes, wrapping his arms around me.

“You’re just jealous because people like us better” I grin, my fingers interlocking with his. “You guys are has-beens” I tease making him chuckle as we both knew that wasn’t true. His laughter fades and he rests his head on my shoulder, nuzzling into my neck.

“I love you,” I say with a smile, turning to face him better causing him to look up. A soft smile breaks out on his face and I can read the feelings in his eyes.

“Always” he breathes, his lips finding mine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much to everyone who's read this story! It's been my favorite to write so far :-) If you liked it and haven't read my others, please do that, for those of you who have read the others, I'll be starting a new one in a week or so so stay tuned. If you haven't filled out the audition form and would want to be considered for roles in future stories please go to the story I have labeled as Auditions. I pick from there. Thank you once again to everyone who's read this. I love you all :-)

Reminder. I'm NOT going to write a sequel. People have been asking me that and I just don't like writing sequels. I end my stories how I want them to end, and sequels would just be a repeat of the same drama and it'd get boring. Emily appears in future stories so if you really like her that much, read those also :)