Scene 6°

°unedited

As we approached the last of the churches I have been to previously, asking for help and recieving nothing of sorts, I gripped my cellphone a bit harder with my hand.

I have noticed a pattern in every single church I have been to previously and was hoping this one, this last one, was continuing it.

Mama saw me struggling because of something, but she dared not ask, because even before she did, I told her I will explain everything later on, after even the last church had been visited by us.

We had stopped by the last church, which I had to admit, exterior and interior wise, was my favorite.

It was built not that long ago, in my opinion, to mimic* the old Romanesque churches in Europe, before Gothic architecture came about and the appearance of simplicity was no longer wanted.

It's Romanesque architecture was always intriguing to me, combining the features of both Byzantine and Roman buildings into one.

Thick walls and stable built reminded me of really old castles rather than a church, and if it weren't for the bones of the building, that formed a Latin cross indicating it was a godly place, place for the Lord and King himself, I would have continued to think it was a building purely for pitiful human ones.

Even now, coming back here once again, I was astounded by it's frame, large towers definitely being of a different build than many newer looking churches that were usually seen in The States. 

We found our way in pretty quickly, three entrances, one being the main one evident by it's size. Massive doors stood at the Western side, just like in the past, whilst the marble and gold adorned altar, main thing in a Catholic Church, stood proudly at the Eastern side.

The rest was just a silhouette of this church, windows allowing light to hit mainly the altar and it's ornaments. Nothing was to distract from the altar and Our Saviour. Not even the 200 piped Organ that was standing proudly in this church, could do such a thing.

It looked brand new, the building I mean, and the other indicator of it's new built was the stained glass, the craftsmanship evident immidiately, glass decorated with plenty of red colors, which weren't used for the true Romanesque styles, red glass being too expensive, it's worth determined by the hard ability of getting the color red at that era.

We went to the bowl attached to the walls that held Holy water, dipping our hands in and making a cross with it, as we took a knee, for our Lord, expressing our graditude and letting him know we are his servants.

I wanted to worship, but I knew we had come for other business.

I saw the way my Mama was looking at the grossly church, never truly being in one of these sorts in The USA.

Fresques were also unusual for the newer build, being painted in the old style. Blue color prevailed in the interior, as opposed to red in the stained glass of the windows, but both colors were contrasting each other spectacularly.

Even the pillars and arches were of great quality, forming a symmetrical plan, archading decorated by plenty of drawings.

After sometime of being lost in the beauty, I stumbled upon what I was looking for and was instantly drawn towards it.

There layed two books for visitors, one was for people who wished to pray for others, so they would write their name in it, making it an obligation to seek forgiveness in their name, and those who wanted to speak to the priest would write their name in the second book.