Chapter Fifty

Chapter Fifty

Taking her by surprise, he pressed his lips to hers. The gentle caress of his slightly chapped lips from the cold made her shiver when they met her smooth ones.

Emma wanted to give in so bad, kiss him back, and bring him inside. But she didn't like that idea, was it even the right thing to do?

"Wait," she mumbled against his beard when she took her lips off his. "What--Why?"

They stared into each other's eyes. The dark from the outside and the light from the inside let him see only about half her face as she saw the light illuminate his.

"Emma," he looked down to find her hands on the door and take them in his. "You should be thanking Gabriel for this," he whispered, kissing her forehead like he usually did.

"It was true what I said today. I'm sorry about the rest or maybe not, I'm not sure what I said. I was mad. But the only thing I heard myself say was that I love you."

Emma avoided meeting his eye.

"It's true, preciosa," he whispered, nuzzling his nose with hers. "My heart is beating so fast, I know it beats. It's beating for you right now, princesa. When you're around me or even a mile away, I can feel you." He pecked her lips, feeling them dampen from the tears streaming down her face.

He released one of her hands and traces it up her neck. "You're my princesa." He gripped her chin with his thumb and index finger to tilt it upwards. Her eyes still didn't look into his. "Look at me, preciosa." He commanded her over the howling wind. "Quiero ver tus ojos preciosos."

Emma sniffled. She slowly squeezed them shut before looking into him.

"There they are." He smiled a toothy smile. "You're beautiful, mi amor. You're my princess, my beautiful little girl, my love."

Emma blushed.

"I love you." He leaned down to press his forehead against hers. "I love you, princesa, and I can tell you now that I'll never stop."

Emma sobbed as quietly as she could, but it was impossible to stop.

"Emiliano," she raised her free hand to cup his right cheek, "I love you."

𖨆

Emma stood at the front of the coffin. It was beautiful, made out of wood and metal. It was raining and it felt like the sky cried for her. It was saying sorry, for her losing her tears and sense of anything. She wasn't numb, not as many would describe it, but she felt temporarily empty. Her tears were processing, she'd cried so much the whole week that her eyes burned and no makeup could fix the obvious dead in them.

𖨆

"I love you, I love you so much." Emiliano picked her up, causing her to giggle as he spun her around in the air. "You're like a feather!" He pampered kisses on her exposed chest. Her t-shirt getting in the way.

"Put me down!" she said through giggles. "It's cold!" She patted his shoulders then the back of his head. "It's cold!"

When he finally put her down, he stepped inside the mansion with her walking in front of him. He slammed the door shut behind them and picked her up from behind, carrying her like a bride.