Do you trust me?

Years later...

"'CUZ I JUST WANT YOU FOR MY OWN!" Papyrus screams out the lyrics of an old Christmas song you heard all the time this part of the hear. The the road is bumpy and you find yourself being lifted up from the seat more than a few times as he drives the two of you over rocky ground.

"Papyrus, for the love of god. This is a mission, not a road trip." You grumble, arms crossed. Papyrus sends you a look that practically screams 'deal with it' as he turns up the volume and keeps screaming. You were delivering some cargo from the school to a nearby Military base in need of food and water. You weren't concerned for your lives, because you were still driving through monster territory.

However, were you concerned for your hearing? Yes.

"MAKE MY WISH COME TRUUUEEE~ ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS, IS YOOOOOU!~" He sung, golden tooth glinting in the light. Papyrus was like a little dog in many ways- mostly his eyes and the way he was filled with boundless amounts of energy.

You, however, have been described as a feral cat multiple times by Harper. She even gave good reasoning. 'You're small, your teeth are sharp, and you're easy to befriend if given food.' You remember her saying. ...she was right. However, you wouldn't ever tolerate the nickname 'Kitten' while Papyrus embraced the nickname 'Puppy.'

Papyrus was still cute. You don't remember how many years it's been since you were born... (90? no, probably around the higher 80s.) Apparently monsters lived for a really, really long time. If healthy, a monster could grow up to be a couple thousand years old. Nice.

The song finally shut up, and Papyrus scrambled to turn in back on, eyebrows furrowed in concentration. "Sing with me, Sans! You're always so boooring and never sing any Christmas songs! Do you sing anything?"

"Well, I Do Sing The-"

Papyrus stares at you, deadpan as the music begins to turn back on. "Something that isn't the Monster Anthem, Sans. You're gonna sing, and you're gonna like it!"

"...Fine. I'll sing. But Once You Hear My Melodious Voice, you'll regret it~" You singsong, and Papyrus laughs.

...Papyrus learned the hard way you had a terrible singing voice.

-

Gunshots blare through the air on Christmas Day. Alarms go off, loud and blaring and little feet scramble against the tile towards the safe rooms.

Dazed, you roll out of bed and get to your feet. The School must have been attacked, and it's hard to process anything with the sounds of screaming blurred with the loud sounds and the monotone voice coming from the PA.

Alphys wakes up next, blinking a few times. She doesn't hesitate to grab her armor and put it on while you run to get Papyrus. He's awake, eyelights blown wide and he shudders softly. He wasn't cut out for combat at all- Papyrus was an engineer who part-timed as a mechanic. "Sans? What's going on, did somebody get inside?"

"No, Paps. They might be, soon. I need you to go help the younger ones to get into the safe rooms. Once you're there, Stay Put. I don't want you to try and be a hero again and loose another tooth." You instruct, and Papyrus tries to argue as you pull on your uniform.

"But that guy would have killed you if I hadn't helped! Sans, I'm not a babybones anymore!" He cried out. You pick up your rifle, slinging your sniper over your back and give him a pointed stare. He wilts and you sigh.

"Listen, Papyrus- it's not about that. Just do what you're told and we'll talk about this later." You murmur, running out of the room. Papyrus nods and goes out into the hallways.