Chapter 78: Prom Night At Hater High [Part 2]

Lia James

I finally understand the hype about prom.

The ceiling of the gymnasium at our school had silver stars hanging from it, and a balloon arch with red, black, and white balloons. As soon as we walked in, we were instructed to take a picture in front of the fluorescent moon with a Paris backdrop. The photographer gave us our polaroid picture, and we went to an empty table.

The majority of the senior class was dancing it up in the middle of the dance floor, which was located at the back half of the gym. Others were sitting at a table, chatting like Andrew and I were. Some were slumped against the wall without a date.

I didn't feel like getting up from my seat. We ate dinner pretty quickly, and then every one of my friends was off to dance. Andrew decided to stay back with me, and he offered to rub my bad leg. I didn't hesitate on his adorable offer.

So, here we were at prom. My leg situated on Andrew's lap as he talked and then occasionally leaned for a kiss on either my cheek or lips. Sometimes he would whisper sweet nothings into my ear and make me blush.

Tonight was the night where I was going to tell him that I was in love with him. So completely consumed with love that often times I would forget how to breathe.

I can't imagine my life without my mysterious, goofy, brooding bad boy. Even with all the bad, I would still love him. Because that's just who he is.

He's a person willing to change. But just needed the willpower of someone else to finally make that step.

"Why are you so smiley?" Andrew asked, smirking.

"I don't know." I replied sheepishly. "I just thinking about how much I..."

No, you can't do it now. It's not the right time. Think of something else!

"Want to dance!" I recovered.

"Really? You want to dance?" Andrew laughed. "You practically forced me to sit here and rub your leg for thirty minutes."

"You tell anyone that and you can consider yourself single, mister." I pointed my index finger at him, threateningly.

He put his hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay. No need to break up with me for it."

I scowled before pulling him in for an intoxicating kiss. His lips fused with mine synchronously, moving to the rhythm of our hearts beating. I poured my heart and soul into his hands, in hopes that he would keep it for as long as fate decides we should be together.

I was kind of hoping for forever.

I pull back, before pecking him one last time. He smiled against my lips, and I bopped the bottom of his chin with the knuckle on my finger.

"Damn, if all our fights end like that I'll consider myself a lucky man." He jokes, and I poke his shoulder.

"We weren't even fighting." I rolled my eyes. "You were just being a stupid head, as per usual."

"Ouch." He held his chest. "Okay, Grouchy McGrouch Pants. How about that dance?"

Andrew helped me stand up, and practically carried me to the dance floor. People around me were bumping into me, but Andrew held a secure grip around my waist. Kind of like a shield to protect my fragile body from getting hurt.

Andrew walked us over to where our group of friends were dancing. Everyone was jumping to the beat of the music, except for Lina and Cole who were sucking each other's faces off.

They're crazy in love.

And so am I.

"Is this good?" Andrew tried to speak over the music. When I nodded, he wrapped his hands around my waist and we swayed to the fast music at our own pace.