Enemies or friends

The chariot flies to the sky, straight towards the sea of birds above. Eagerly waiting with their chomping teeth and ready claws. 

"Duck" A reaper yells out, as they near the murder of crows.

Don't they ever stop?

Reanna dropped to the ground, alongside the Reapers. Only Death stands up, watching the birds charge toward him. He held out his weapon, letting it float in the air before he joined everyone in the chariot floor.  His weapon pulled the others off the chariot walls, floating them in the air. The blades melt and mould into octagons. the snarth bends around the shapes, joining the octagons together until a silver shield curves around the chariot. Protecting everyone inside.

The pegasus slams into the birds forcing their way through the murder of crows. Vultures snap their teeth into the animal's wings but they pay no mind to them. The creatures pull off the pegasus's feathers, soaring towards the shield and slamming into the metal. Other birds fly towards the shield trying to break through it, biting the metal, clawing the wood that held it together, or slamming their bodies against it. Their attacks didn't make a dent, but they never stopped. Some kept attacking the pegasus, stabbing their eyes, ripping their feathers off or pulling the reigns on them. They continue flying toward the sky.

Inside the shield, nothing was heard and no dents were seen. 

"How did you do that?" Reanna hesitantly, looking at Bellator. 

"Magic," 

"Will your magic tell me where my sister is?"

"It's a long story, my lady,"

Reanna scoffs and glares at his figure in the darkness.

I'm dead. I've got all the time in the world. I don't think the birds will let us get away easily. We might be stuck here for a while.

Outside the shield, the chariot emerges through the swarm of birds. They fly above the clouds, drifting in the sea of blue alongside the soft breeze in the sun's warmth. The shield breaks apart reverting to the weapons they were before. 

"That we don't have time for, my lady," Bellator says, standing up.

Pushing herself up, she saw the beauty. Different species of doves swerve in the air playing with each other, some glide on the breeze, and others race each other. Without a care in the world, happy as birds can be. 

"What is this place?" Reanna asks in amazement stretching her arm out.

The breeze runs through her fingers blooming with life. A smile curls on her face, she hangs her head back closing her eyes. For the first time in her life, she felt like she wasn't in survival mode like the burden was swiped off her shoulder and replaced with nothing. For a few minutes, she didn't need to worry.

Words couldn't express the beauty that I see.

"It's the second closest thing we have to Heavan,"  Sam answers, putting a few scythes in the case on his back.

Bellator stares at Reanna lost in his memories.

The pegasus swerves to the right, heading towards Purgatory. 

"Look down" Sam announces.

"Why? There's nothing I want to see down there,"

"You need to see it. You have to,"

Opening her eyes she glances down. Through the gaps in the sea of birds, swirling above the forest. Every bit of greenery was gone, replaced with bones and dried dirt that quickly become home for the Lost Souls. Dragging their destroyed bodies aimlessly around the forest, groaning and moaning. Bone trees grew in the soil, stretching up and extending their branches towards the birds.