Bon Appetit

Could it be...

Yes ^_^ it's a double update.
I hope you enjoy the chapter❤.

*

Mason's POV

I'm standing in the mirror and holding up two shirts. My mom is running around behind me, trying to piece together an outfit for me.

"The blue one or the grey one, mom?"

"Blue, honey." She stops and gives me a small smile.

I nod and toss the grey one on the floor. I see my mom's reflection in the mirror and she has on her no-nonsense-taking-mom look. I give her a sheepish grin and bend down to pick up the shirt and put it back in the closet.

"Mom, I don't get why we have to impress them. Why can't I just wear my t-shirt and jeans?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"It's not about impressing them it's about being presentable." She puts a pair of formal brown leather shoes next to my bed.

"I didn't even know I still had those. Can I please wear my converse?" I give her a goofy grin and she laughs.

"Well, I got you to wear a shirt. That's something." She shrugs her shoulders and laughs.

"Yeah, mom." I look at the shirt and laugh as well.

"Let me go finish brushing Angie's hair." She says and walks out.

I'm nervous about tonight but not because I'll be over at the Banks'. After that Max and I are going for our assignment. After what happened last time, I can't mess anything up tonight. That's if I want to live.

***

Maya's POV

I put the blue t-shirt and jeans I was wearing today in the laundry basket and then stand in front of the mirror.

I'm wearing a white dress that my aunt Maggie gave to me for my birthday last year. It's a soft cotton material and reaches my knees. It's short sleeved and has a  U-neckline.

It's quite plain, nothing special about it but I love it. I put on my black flats with bows in the middle and decide against a cardigan.

Lilly taught me how to do my hair so I braided the front and tied a loose bun at the back.

I don't really care about looking nice for Mason but for his parents. I always want to be presentable for parents.

Parents always love me and me and I would like to keep it that way.

How many teenagers get to say that?

I turn around and look at the other half of the room. It's practically empty. Half the posters on the wall are gone; the ones that just easily came off and didn't tear. The only messiness left now belongs to me.

No one will be sleeping in that bed tonight.

The thought dawns on me and the room feels even lonelier.

"Sweetie! Are you ready?" Mom calls from downstairs.

"Yeah, mom. I'm coming." I reply.

I know mom means well but I really didn't mind spending tonight cuddling Lilly's big teddy bear and watching Netflix. Now I have to sit through dinner with that bipolar jerk.

"Is everything alright?" I ask as I enter the kitchen.

"Nice, sweetie." She smiles, referring to my outfit.

Mom made pasta that we'll have with some store bought bread. She's beaming at the containers of food on the counter, her hands rested on either side of her hips.