Chapter 35 Shopping

Cough, cough. This chapter's a little longer... Sips tea. Grins. Enjoy.

:Ellana:

Elisa drags me through the door.

"Woah, realx!" I laugh. "Geez." 

She lets go of my hand to rush into the store on the right. Starbucks. Of course it's Starbucks. How'd I guess?

She ushers me in after her.

"Hi, I would like one warmed eggnog, please. I would also like a salted caramel mocha frappuccino."

"Is that all, ma'am?" The lady rushes to type the things on the keypad.

"Yes, that's it."

She tells Elisa the cost.

Elisa quickly pays her. "Keep the change." She walks over to the counter to wait.

After a good five minutes, we get our drinks and head back into the mall.

"How did you know I wanted this?"

"Luna, you may have closed the voices out, but you are doing nothing to keep them there. Anybody could go into your thoughts at any time. You need to keep a barrier there if you don't want people seeing what you are feeling."

I blush and block her out. "I'm sorry for whatever you were experiencing."

She laughs. "Honestly, it wasn't that bad. Until you started thinking about Jack... That was weird."

I look the other way. "How are you getting along with Atticus?"

"Oh, he's so sweet. He's this really tough guy, and all, but you can definitely tell he's having a hard time staying strong."

"What do you mean?" I furrow my eyebrows and face her.

"His mom is sick. She's not doing too well."

"Oh, I didn't know. Why did he not tell me?"

"I guess he just doesn't like people knowing."

I nod. "Anyway, continue."

Her cheeks flare a deep shade of red. "Nothing much."

I nudge her. "You can't mean that. I mean, you guys are perfect for each other."

She rounds the corner with me in tow. "Of course we are. That's why we were paired."

"Well, you didn't even think about warming up to him. You were pulled into his side, and that was that."

"Did that not happen with you and Jack?"

I choke on her sentence, if that is possible. "No. No, he demanded me, or the pack. He would've gotten me, anyway. So, I left."

"That sadly sounds like him. Y'know, you've changed him a lot."

"Wait, he was even more of a jerk than he is now? Is that even possible?"

She smiles. "Atticus says he's changed a lot. He would know more than me."

I nod. "Hey, we're getting off track. What do you think of Atticus? I need more details."

"I don't really know what to say. Except, he's a big softie, too."

I raise my eyebrow.

"Jack isn't the only one, I mean."

I laugh. "You got that part right. Jack can be a wuss." 

I suddenly remember the time I jumped out of his window and broke my leg, promising myself I would kill him. Look how that turned out.