0 . 3 9

| B E V A N D R E D |
• • •
0 . 3 9

     The days had been easy, the nights had been romantic, and the evenings had been eventful

The days had been easy, the nights had been romantic, and the evenings had been eventful. But this one was even more eventful than usual. With Caroline both sobbing and screaming at the top of her lungs, Red couldn't think straight.

When he'd tried to leave the delivery, she caught him by the hand, screaming. "You are my big brother—you do not get to leave me here alone!"

Red, Caroline, of course, the doctor kneeled between her legs, and a nurse were all that had resided in the delivery room, due to both Gavin and Gina stuck on the freeway.

Beverly had been sitting beside Cole, Beth, and Nick in the delivery room, with a panicked Gavin on the other line of his cellphone.

"No, Gavin, don't speed. Caroline's okay, and Matthew's in the delivery room with her. She's fine, Gavin. I promise."

Gavin had been hysterical while on the road, shouting into his cellphone that he'd absolutely lose his shit if his babygirl was born before he got there.

     Beverly had been desperately trying to get Gavin not to do anything irrational while on the road, with Red coming into the waiting room every few minutes with an update.

     Caroline practically squeezed the life out of Red's hand gripping onto hers. She shouted, cried, and prayed that the pain wound go away.

     Just as the doctor had shouted, "one more big push!" The delivery room's door went barreling open, and both Gavin and Gina pushed their way in, Gavin almost falling to his knees at the sight of a small, fragile body leaving the womanhood of his wife.

     Red turned, him not being able to bear the sight of the bloody baby, and long umbilical cord leaving his younger sister.

     Gina cooed, her hand reaching out to push the bit of brunette hair from Caroline's sweaty forehead.

     The doctor wiped the bit of blood from the baby's mixture of both Gavin's chocolate skin, and Caroline's pale tone, the both light and darkness creating a caramel coloring.

     Gavin commented on the already prominent curly head of hair on the baby's head, Caroline praying under her breath at the sight of their daughter looking just like Gavin.

     At the sight of his niece, Red's heart grew, and grew until finally, he couldn't contain it any longer.

     He'd most definitely wanted one of those with Beverly at some point in the future. And just the thought of it had him smiling widely into the crook of his jacket.

     Moments later, Gavin sprinted into the waiting room, his eyes searching for all of Caroline's siblings, including Beverly. When he spotted them, he herded them all into the delivery room, allowing them all to make comments, and kiss the surface of the newborn baby's skin.

     Beverly hugged Red closely, his lips stretched out in an intruding grin. "She's gorgeous, Caroline. What's her name?"

     Caroline looked to Gavin, who nodded in approval. "Willow-Grace McCoy-King."

     Cole whistled, hands clapping. "What a fucking name, bro . . ."

     His words came to halt when noticing Caroline's glare. But her eyes began soften when looking back down at Willow. "Come meet her Cole."

     Cole didn't waste another second, his fingers working ringlets into Willow's hair, and letting them fall softly. "She's fucking—freaking gorgeous."

     "I know," Gavin said, his fingers dancing around her cheeks, the slight movement making Willow coo.

     "So, when do you think we can get one of those?" Beverly words had Red smiling, knowing that any other man would have ran the other direction.

     But he only leaned in closer. "Soon, baby, soon."