~ One ~

My mom always said that finding true love was the most important thing in life

My dad always said that having a high paying job was the most important thing in life.

Senior year of high school I agreed with my father. I didn't believe in love. Not anymore. In the summer between junior and senior year I caught my boyfriend of three years sleeping with one my best friends.

I sigh walking into school on a cold Wednesday and see them kissing against my locker. "You okay pumpkin?" My other best friend, you know the one that didn't sleep with my boyfriend, Sam asks grabbing my hand.

I throw her a fake smile and a small nod. "I really, really wish you would let me punch them both." She grumbles pulling me to her locker and away from the heart breaking scene in front of me.

"I mean who the hell does that? They both need their teeth punched in." She babbles throwing her locker open. "In other news Charlie is finally coming back today."

"He's only been away two days." I giggle leaning against the locker next to hers. "Yeah well he sucks." She mumbles slamming her locker. "Do you think they've moved?" I ask referring to Greg and Kirsten in front of my locker.

"You know they don't stop until they've seen you or the bell rings." Sam says sympathetically. "You could always share my locker." Sam says and gives me a toothy smile.

I roll my eyes and her smile deflates. Since school started she's been asking me to share her locker but I won't give Greg and Kirsten the satisfaction in knowing they're hurting me.

When we get to our first class we instantly go to the back of the room where we always sit. "Charlie better not be late." Sam groans throwing her bag onto the floor. "I'm never late sweet cheeks." Charlie smirks taking his seat in front of her.

"You're always late." I say sticking my tongue out. "You still owe us lunch." Sam points at Charlie reminding him of the bet he lost last week.

"I thought you'd forget." He groans throwing his head back. "They never forget." Johnny, Charlie's quite brooding friend mumbles taking the seat in front of me. He doesn't say much but when he does talk it's just short mumbled sentences.

"You girls coming on Saturday?" Charlie asks grinning widely at us. "No." We both answer at the same time, making his smile completely disappear.

Charlie doesn't get a chance to bother us about the stupid party on Saturday again until lunch time. "Come on! It'll be fun! I promise!" He pouts. "For fucks sake Charles!" Sam says loudly hitting her hand on the table making people around us jump and stare. "We're not going and that's final!"

"Johnny is even coming!" Charlie argues. "That's a lie." Sam argues back. "He is!" Charlie yells back. "Ask him next period!" He exclaims, becoming red in the face.

"Calm down grumpy." Sam laughs shoving fries into her mouth before abruptly freezing. The only movement is her eyes turning into slits. Charlie's face turns into a scowl when he looks behind me.

I start to turn in my seat to see what they were trying to kill with eyes. "Don't." Charlie warns kicking my leg. "Ow that hurt asshole!" I say rubbing my leg. "Sorry pumpkin." He says rolling his eyes. "Come on lets go to class." Charlie demands grabbing Sams arm and pulling her out of the cafeteria leaving me sitting there confused.

I look behind me and scan the room. Nothing is happening. Everything looks completely normal, confusing me even more.

Once I get to class I decide to ask what the fuck just happened. "What was that about?" I question standing in front of Sam and Charlie who are leaning close whispering. "Nothing." Charlie says quickly jumping away. I narrow my eyes at Sam.