19.

NOEL WASN'T exactly sure what time it was, what he did know was the sky was stained a menacing black and the creamy fullness of the moon was taunting him silently

NOEL WASN'T exactly sure what time it was, what he did know was the sky was stained a menacing black and the creamy fullness of the moon was taunting him silently. He had slipped from Myron's car with the stealth of a criminal, turning back to shoot the black clad boy a wan smile before entering his house.

Noel breathed a silent sigh of relief at the quiet of his home, the lights were off in every room, bathing his surroundings in much needed serenity. He maneuvered his way onto the couch, falling into the pillows swiftly.

"You're home."

Noel turned to look at Ron's looming presence, his face was twisted into his regular sadistic smirk, his eyes steely and cold as he joined Noel on the couch.

"You're mom was worried. I wasn't." Ron was shifting closer to Noel, the scent of cheap beer and his mom's chicken pasta lingering on his breath. A cold realization swept through Noel's chest as it occurred to him just how little he knew about Ron.

He was practically a stranger.

"Do you remember what I said to you, if you ever did this again?" His presence shifted closer to Noel, his teeth baring garishly, his green pondwater eyes unpeeling Noel's meek frame.

"Didn't I warn you?"

His large calloused hand grabbed onto Noel's wrist, the ring on his middle finger scraped at his flesh as he pressed it further into Noel's wrist.

"D-d-don't touch me." Noel's words may as well have fallen on deaf ears. Yet Ron slowly unlatched his hand from Noel's wrist, the menacing smile still etched on his face.

"I always get what I want, I don't care how it happens. It'd be easier if you just complied then it won't be done the hard way."

Noel had no idea what Ron was saying, yet at the same time he understood exactly what he meant.

He breathed a silent sigh of relief as Ron moved away from the couch, just before he began to walk up the stairs he looked Noel dead straight in the face, his expression now morphed into an ugly snarl.