The Neighborhood

Chapter 9 -

Jordan's POV

The next morning, me and Hannah woke up and sat in silence. I guess you could say this was our usual. The days here were so bland. Wasn't much to talk about. It was a cycle.

"How u feeling this morning?" Hannah said breaking the silence.

"Is that even a question? I got kidnapped a few days ago and got beat half to death yesterday. I think you can answer that." I replied sounding angry.

"Well damn, sorry I was just asking, no need to get mad at me. You're the one who didn't listen to me and decided to run away!" Hannah shouted.

The expression on her face was told me she didn't mean that. "Hannah I-" I started but got cut off.

"I apologize. You know I didn't mean that. I just don't appreciate getting yelled at for shit I had no control over. We're in this together now so I think it would be best to stick together and not fight. Agreed?" Hannah said letting out a breath.

"Agreed." I said in response.

"Good, so what's your neighborhood like?" Hannah said placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Ouch!" I yelled.

"Sorry, I forgot." She said in response which sounded very believable may I add.

"It's okay but please be careful that really hurt." I said.

"I will but can you answer my question?" Hannah said.

"What question?" I replied confused of what she was talking about.

"I asked what your neighborhood like."

I Really need to start paying attention I thought to myself.

"Well it's a nice neighborhood in my opinion." I said.

"That's all your going to tell me? I want to know about the people too." Hannah said sounding intrigued.

"Well most of my friends live out of the neighborhood. It's very quiet around my way because me and my neighbor are like the only kids there. Even tho me and her don't talk anymore we still give each other polite little smiles when we see each other. We use to be friends a long long long time ago but we fell off." I finished.

"Wow, that sounds boringgggg" Hannah teased me. I laughed at how rudely she said that.

"Well what's your neighborhood like then?" I asked raising a brow.

"For starters. there are many teenagers around my way. I lived in a nice area as well. It was always bright and sunny outside even when it rained. It was good vibes, not only from the weather but from the people. Everybody was full of laughter and I had tons of neighbors." Hannah finished with a huge smile.

"Yeah I can't lie, your neighborhood definitely sounds better than mines." I said rolling my eyes.

"I knew it did" Hannah said letting out some giggles.

As we were both laughing, which hurt me a lot but I couldn't resist, Elijah came inside the room with our breakfast.

"Morning my darlings" Elijah said wiggling his eyebrows. I chuckled as he handed us our oatmeal still wiggling his eyebrows.

"Morning Biscuit" Hannah said laughing.

"Biscuit?" I said confused.

"That's what my mom use to call me when I was younger." Elijah said.

"Why biscuit though?" I asked Still still confused.

"That's his favorite food." Hannah spoke out as if I was irritating her with all my questions. She always acted differently when he Came into the room.

"Oh, makes sense." I said laughing by myself while Elijah and Hannah stared.

"Yeah, how you feeling today?" Elijah said walking over to me.

"What's up with you guys and the dumb questions? I'm feeling horrible today. My whole body hurts." I said now irritated.

"Jordan didn't we just talk about sticking together? Chill out girl." Hannah said defending Elijah.

"My bad." Is all I said.

"It's alright, I shouldn't have asked that. This hell hole got my mindset messed up." Elijah said.

"When y'all done with the oatmeal, leave the bowls by the door. I'll come get it later." Elijah added leaving out the room.

Hannah took both our bowls and set them by the door a few minutes after Elijah left. I sat on the bed trying to deal with the pain while Hannah sung a song under her breath.

"I hear you, you sound good." I said causing her to stop.

"Oh it's nothing I was just fooling around." Hannah said shyly sticking her hair behind her ear.

"No really, you're talented. Do you write your own songs?" I asked her.

"I do. Well, I use to." Hannah said smiling.

"Can I hear something you wrote?" I asked hoping she would say yes.

"Sure." She said clearing her throat in the process.

"I'm-" Hannah started singing but got cut off by the loud screaming in the hallway.

"GET OFF ME YOU PERV! AHHH! SOMEBODY HELP ME!" We heard from outside the door. We stared at each other in shock. Then the door opened revealing a face.

AUTHORS NOTE //
Soooo Did Y'all Like This chapter? It's Shorter Than My Other Ones But I Really Wanted To Upload. Hannah And Jordan Getting Closer. Is That A Good Thing? Do Y'all Want More Elijah Scenes? Let Me Know Lol! Don't Forget To Like, Comment, And Vote! Until Next Time, See Ya!
Word Count: 898
(sorry for any spelling errors, I need to start proof reading but I don't be feeling like it)

XOXO - RO ❤️