Chapter 22

Leilas pov

Do I want to give him a second chance? Well that's the million dollar question, isn't it? I have to admit that I'm leaning towards yes. But I am, to say the least, wary about trusting him. Trust has never been my strong suit, and trusting the person who basically ripped the heart out of my chest seems like a risky idea.

But he's so sexy! And he smells so good! And the look in his eyes could melt the coldest heart.

No Leila, that is thinking with your hormones, and whenever hormones come into play it feels like the rational part of my brain is handicapped. So I decide to compromise between hormones and rationality.

"I'll come back," he looks like he's about to pull me into a hug, "BUT! I am not suggesting we are anything more than acquaintances, I will get to know you a little better, and you will have to prove that you are not the bastard I fear that you are."

"That's okay, whatever terms you have, I will agree!" That's the most alive I have seen him since he got here.

But first things first, "I don't know for sure but I'm guessing we're far away from the packs land, and you don't look like you can handle the trip back without toppling over. So I suggest we get a hold of the Alpha so he can help us get a car, then we can drive back. I'll head back to town and get us some more clothes." That sounds like a good plan to me at least.

"I am not letting you out of my sight, besides there's.." Wow, does he really think this is a good time to act bossy with me?

"Like you could even stop me. And I highly doubt you could go unnoticed in town dressed like that. I might look like a trainwreck, but you look like a crazy trainwreck, it will be a lot easier for me to get a hold of some clothes for us and then we can see about borrowing a phone."

"I was about to say that there's no need for us to get more clothes, we are close to the Storm pack, they are allies with Moonstone and their Alpha, Colleen, knows who you are and that I was headed this way. We can probably borrow a car from her."

"Fine, I guess that's a good plan too." He just looks at me with a small smile but doesn't comment any further. I have no idea who the pack or who its Alpha is, but I doubt he would lead me somewhere I would end up hurt. "Sooo, wanna lead the way?"

"Oh yeah," he pulls down his underwear and shift into his wolf. And yeah, I looked, who wouldn't? He is...not ungifted as it were. Fine, fine he's hung like a horse. Okay, maybe not a horse, like a pony?

I quickly pull off my dress and shift too, not like I have anything to hide anyways. When I'm back in tiger form, Axel walks up to me and nuzzles my neck and then he turns around, with a yipp he runs off and I follow.

We must have been very close to the packs border because we don't have to run for long before we are joined by four other wolves. They make no move to stop us, but they seem to have been tasked with escorting us to wherever we're headed. Guess they really have been informed about who I am, cause now I realize that I was hunting on their land earlier, and in most cases that would have been met with hostility.

After a fairly short run we reach a small cluster of houses and start to see people, they all stop what they're doing and stare at me, guess they're not used to seeing a tiger in their midst. They all just seem to be curious, so I don't really mind them much, none of the wolves I'm with are taking any notice of them either and we keep moving at the same pace.