Chapter 4

Calla Stewart's POV

Oh no. Mr. King was getting so angry at me and I couldn't handle it. And now the men at the other table were saying things like that. What was I going to do about this? Mr. King would be upset with me if I didn't stand up for myself which might lead to him firing me. I couldn't afford that.

But he couldn't do that right? It was illegal to fire someone without a good enough reason and I don't think this qualified as one. I was so worried about what he was going to do when he said those things earlier. Mr. King was a fairly respectable man, but people always found a way to surprise me with their actions.

I met my boss's gaze tentatively. His amber eyes held so much anger that I flinched back the second our eyes met. There was nothing I could do. I had to do my job, I had no other choice. It shouldn't really matter to him anyway, right?

With that decision, I stiffly turned and started to make my way over to the other customers. I was taking my time. I didn't like these men the second they walked in. Alcohol made people act like idiots, or in this case, disrespectful perverts. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. You can't expect to be respected all of the time when you work in the food industry.

I heard Mr. King make some kind of growling noise and glanced back to see him gathering his things and standing. He must've been leaving. Thank God, I didn't want to face him when he was so angry, especially when I didn't really understand why. I was afraid of what he would do to me.

However, he did the complete opposite of leaving and instead began marching over to the table of men before I could reach them.

What was he going to do? This would not be good, everyone was scared of him including myself, and with good reason too. The man was ruthless in the way he dealt with things. No one would stand up to him knowing his reputation.

I quickly caught up to him and stood in front of the table beside him before he could do anything. I completely ignored his presence there and cleared my throat, "Sorry for the wait, what can I do for you?" I said politely.

The men at the table gave Mr. King a questioning look, they obviously didn't know who he was. Thank God for that. A blonde man at the table was staring at me and gave me a smirk, "Well baby, there's a lot you could do for me. It just depends on what you're into."

"Umm... I, ah-"

"She's not interested dickwad," Mr. King said lowly.

The blonde's expression turned sour, "I'm sorry who are you?"

My hands were shaking again. This was not how I wanted this night to go. I was supposed to come here, work like usual, and leave. This was too much for one night. I had been up for so long that I had to concentrate to stand, yet this is what had to happen.

Mr. King's lips quirked up into a daunting smirk, "Oh where are my manners? I forgot to introduce myself. The name's Hunter King, it's so nice to meet you. Mind telling me how you know Calla here?"

A moment of silence passed before the men all began scrambling without a word. They gathered their things before they quickly left the diner. They hadn't even paid for their drinks.

My breaths were coming out in short gasps so I quickly ran to the bathroom before my boss could say anything to me. I couldn't believe he did that, I was fine! I felt so embarrassed that he felt the need to go over there.

I hated this. Why couldn't I deal with things like normal people? It wasn't even that big of a deal, why was I freaking out over nothing? If anything Mr. King had helped me, yet here I was freaking out like the loser I am.